Vinyl records turning profits in 2021
STROUDSBURG, Pa. — Some of the greatest musical hits were first heard on vinyl.
Oldies but goodies and today's hits, you'll find something to get your toes tapping inside Main Street Jukebox in Stroudsburg.
"I saw he had Ike and Tina Turner online. I messaged him to come and pick it up," said Scholl Hammer, Mount Bethel.
This vinyl record store has been around for some time in the Poconos.
Owner Tom LeFevre has experienced the ups and downs of the vinyl record industry. More recently, sales have been on the up and up.
"Just over the last couple of years, vinyl has really started to take off more. Sales have just been getting better and better, which is a great thing," said LeFevre.
In the first six months of 2021, more than 19.2 million vinyl albums were sold, beating out CDs at 18.9 million, according to Billboard Music.
"Everything comes out on vinyl now. I sell more vinyl than I do CDs for sure," said LeFevre.
It's not just record store owners noticing the uptick in vinyl sales. Artists are, too. Newer artists have their songs on vinyl.
"To see new artists on records with stuff that they are making now. It's kind of cool," said Matthew Beaulieu, Marshalls Creek.
But with great popularity comes great demand, and the vinyl craze happens to be spinning during a time when the music industry is struggling to keep up with production.
"Everything got backed up with the pandemic on production. There's only a handful of record production plants in the country, so now that vinyl is on the up, it takes a long time for them to get in time and get your record out. People just have to be a little patient," said LeFevre.
What's old is new again, and while newer records are taking time to hit the shelves, you can practice placing that needle on the older tracks that have kept this trend turning.
HIM performing at Ursynalia in June 2013
Finnishgothic rock band HIM have released eight studio albums, one live album, eight compilation albums, one EP, twenty-eight singles, three video albums, and twenty-nine music videos. Formed in 1991 by vocalist Ville Valo and bassist Mikko "Mige" Paananen under the name His Infernal Majesty, the band broke up in 1993, but was reformed in 1995 by Valo and guitarist Mikko "Linde" Lindström. After being rejoined by Mige, as well new additions keyboardist Antto Melasniemi, rhythm guitarist Oki and drummer Juhana "Pätkä" Rantala, the band, now called HIM, signed to BMG, and released the EP 666 Ways to Love: Prologue in 1996. The EP charted at number nine on the Finnish Singles Chart, and in 1997, the band, sans Oki, released their debut album Greatest Lovesongs Vol. 666, which was certified gold and later platinum in Finland. In 2000, now with drummer Mika "Gas Lipstick" Karppinen and keyboardist Juska Salminen, the band released the album Razorblade Romance, which was certified double platinum in Finland, triple gold in Germany and gold in Austria. Its first single, "Join Me in Death", also charted at number-one in Finland and Germany, eventually going platinum in their home country and gold in Germany and Austria. Following the addition of Janne "Burton" Puurtinen on keyboards, HIM released Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights and Love Metal in 2001 and 2003 respectively. Both were certified platinum in Finland, as well as gold in Austria and Germany respectively.
After relocating to Los Angeles, HIM released Dark Light in 2005, which became the group's most successful album to date, charting in sixteen countries. With Dark Light, HIM also became the first Finnish group to receive a gold album in the United States.Dark Light was followed by Venus Doom in 2007, the making of which was marred by problems in Valo's personal life. Despite this, the album was certified gold in Finland and gave the band their highest chart position in the US at number twelve. After 2010's Screamworks: Love in Theory and Practice, which was once again certified gold in Finland, HIM went on hiatus as drummer Gas Lipstick took medical leave. Following several months of uncertainty, the band regrouped and eventually released the album Tears on Tape in 2013, which charted in nine countries. In 2015, Gas Lipstick announced his departure from the band to pursue other musical projects, and was subsequently replaced by Jukka "Kosmo" Kröger. On 5 March 2017, HIM announced that the band would be disbanding following a farewell tour in 2017.
HIM is internationally one of the most commercially successful Finnish bands of all time, with sales of over ten million records. HIM's music and their logo, the heartagram, have also appeared in several films and TV series, such as The Thirteenth Floor, Transformers, Viva La Bam and LA Ink.
A^ No set video director; video consisted of tour footage.
- ^Juho K. Juntunen (2002). "HIM – Synnin viemää" p.23. WSOY
- ^ abcde"HIM – Loud Legacy documentary". YouTube. 2015-02-25. Retrieved 2016-06-09.
- ^"HIM myi kultaa USA:ssa". MTV. September 28, 2006. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- ^"Drummer GAS LIPSTICK Quits HIM". Blabbermouth. January 27, 2015. Retrieved 2016-06-09.
- ^"HIM's VILLE VALO Talks New Drummer, Upcoming Studio Album". Blabbermouth. August 15, 2015. Retrieved 2016-06-09.
- ^"Uutispommi: HIM ilmoittaa lopettavansa uransa – jäljellä on jäähyväiskiertue, ja sitten se on siinä". Soundi. March 5, 2017. Retrieved 2017-03-05.
- ^"HIM 20 vuotta raskasta romantiikkaa". Helsingin Sanomat. 2012-09-29. Retrieved 2016-07-07.
- ^"Yllätysilmoitus: HIM lopettaa!". Iltalehti. March 5, 2017. Retrieved 2017-06-18.
- ^ abcdef"HIM Discography". Musiikkituottajat. Retrieved 2016-06-09.
- ^ abc"Discography HIM". Australian-charts.com. Retrieved 7 February 2009.
- ^ abcde"Discographie HIM" (in German). AustrianCharts.at. Retrieved 7 February 2009.
- ^ abcde"HIM Discography" (in German). Offiziele Deutsche Charts. Retrieved 2017-06-08.
- ^ ab"Discografie HIM" (in Dutch). Dutchcharts.nl. Retrieved 2017-06-10.
- ^ ab"Discography HIM". Spanishcharts.com. Retrieved 7 February 2009.
- ^ abcde"Discography HIM". Swedishcharts.com. Retrieved 7 February 2009.
- ^ abc"Discographie HIM" (in German). HitParade.ch. Retrieved 7 February 2009.
- ^ abc"HIM - Chart history". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2017-03-19.
- ^ abcde"HIM - Chart history". Billboard. Retrieved 2017-03-16.
- ^ abcdefghij"IFPI - Tilashot - Kulta- ja platinalevyt". IFPI.fi. Archived from the original on 14 July 2009. Retrieved 7 February 2009.
- ^"Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2020-01-17. Retrieved 2020-01-25.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- ^ abcd"Gold-/Platin-Datenbank (HIM)" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie. Retrieved 7 February 2008.
- ^ abc"Gold & Platin" (in German). IFPI Austria. Archived from the original on 2010-02-01. Retrieved 7 Feb 2008.
- ^"Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-01-17. Retrieved 2010-01-25.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- ^"Gold & Platinum". RIAA. Archived from the original on 31 December 2009. Retrieved 7 February 2008.
- ^"Discografie HIM" (in Dutch). Ultratop.be. Retrieved 2017-06-10.
- ^ ab"Discografia HIM". ItalianCharts.com. Retrieved 2017-06-19.
- ^"HIM Diskografi". NorwegianCharts.com. Retrieved 2017-06-19.
- ^"Discografia HIM". PortugueseCharts.com. Retrieved 2017-06-19.
- ^"His Infernal Majesty Discography". Musiikkituottajat. Retrieved 2017-06-08.
- ^Hung, Steffen. "Discography HIM". Irish Charts Portal. Hung Medien (Steffen Hung).
- ^ abcdefghijkHIM - Love Metal Archives vol. 1 (DVD), Sony BMG Music Entertainment (Finland), 2005
- ^ ab"Roadrunner Records/Blabbermouth.net "HIM To Film New Video This Month"". blabbermouth.net. Archived from the original on 6 June 2011. Retrieved 7 February 2009.
- ^"Killing Loneliness /Him /Music Video /MTV". mtv.com. Retrieved 7 February 2009.
- ^"Revolver Film Company". revolverfilms.com. Retrieved 7 February 2009.
- ^"Levottomat (2000) Soundtrack". IMDb. Retrieved 2017-06-10.
- ^Juho K. Juntunen (2002). "HIM - Synnin viemää" p.265. WSOY
- ^"Minä ja Morrison (2001) Soundtrack". IMDb. Retrieved 2017-06-10.
- ^"Haggard - Original Soundtrack Review". AllMusic. Retrieved 2017-06-10.
- ^"Ville Valo interview from Digital Versatile Doom". YouTube. Retrieved 2017-07-09.
- ^"Smallville, Vol. 2: Metropolis Mix - Original Soundtrack". AllMusic. Retrieved 2017-06-10.
- ^"'Ozzfest 10th Anniversary' DVD/CD Details Revealed". Blabbermouth.net. Retrieved 2017-06-10.
- ^"In The Name Of The King - Original Soundtrack Review". Imperiumi.net. Retrieved 2017-06-10.
- ^"Highlander: The Search for Vengeance (2007) Soundtrack". IMDb. Retrieved 2017-10-11.
HIM to Release Limited-Edition Vinyl Boxed Set, Remastered Catalog in November
Finnish “love metal” band HIM is releasing a limited-edition boxed set, Lashes to Ashes, Lust to Dust: A Vinyl Retrospective ’96-’03, through the End Records on Nov. 25. It will contain four early titles in the quintet’s catalog: 666 Ways to Love: Prologue, Razorblade Romance, Deep Shadows and Brilliant Highlights and Love Metal. The remastered sets have been pressed on 180-gram heavy-weight vinyl. A USB drive containing all the songs on the LPs, plus 37 bonus tracks, is part of the package. (To preorder, go here.)
HIM is also reissuing each title individually as a deluxe double-CD in a limited-edition crushed velvet case, as an LP on standard 140-gram vinyl and as a deluxe colored double-LP. (Razorblade Romance, for example, will be magenta, while Love Metal will be gold.)
HIM vocalist Ville Valo says, “We feel truly blessed to have our sonic offspring of yore being given a new lease on life in the U.S. by the End Records, the home for many of our aural idols, both old and new. The infamous love metal archives have been extensively scoured by us for rare, exclusive and downright scary musical nuggets for an experience in Finnish melancholy like no other, so please consider yourself warned.”
One of the aforementioned bonus tracks is a previously unreleased version of “Right Here in My Arms,” from a HIM concert at El Teatro Flores in Buenos Aires in April.
Thank you for choosing to buy locally from a record store!
1. Stigmata Diaboli
2. Wicked Game
3. Dark Sekret Love
4. The Heartless
1. For You (Intro)
2. Your Sweet Six Six Six
3. Wicked Game
4. The Heartless
5. Our Diabolikal Rapture
6. It's All Tears (Drown In This Love)
7. When Love And Death Embrace
8. The Beginning Of The End
9. (Don't Fear) The Reaper
1. I Love You (Prelude To Tragedy)
2. Poison Girl
3. Join Me In Death
4. Right Here In My Arms
5. Gone With The Sin
6. Razorblade Kiss
7. Bury Me Deep Inside Your Heart
8. Heaven Tonight
9. Death Is In Love With Us
11. One Last Time
1. Salt In Our Wounds
2. Heartache Every Moment
3. Lose You Tonight
4. In Joy And Sorrow
6. Close To The Flame
7. You Are The One
8. Please Don't Let It Go
10. In Love And Lonely
11. Don't Close Your Heart
12. Love You Like I Do
1. Buried Alive By Love
2. The Funeral Of Hearts
3. Beyond Redemption
4. Sweet Pandemonium
5. Soul On Fire
6. The Sacrament
7. This Fortress Of Tears
8. Circle Of Fear
9. Endless Dark
10. The Path
More Info:Features a collection of the four essential early HIM studio albums encompassing the group's trailblazing early catalog, on heavy weight 180gram virgin vinyl, as well as the band's debut 1996 EP '666 Ways To Love: Prologue' on 180gram heavy weight vinyl for the first time ever. Includes an exclusive Heartagram Logo slipmat, and a USB drive with 37 bonus tracks, 80 tracks all together, all Re-Mastered.
Records him vinyl
Extremely uncomfortable for me to lie on my stomach in bed. At first, I thought that the blanket was bothering me. But, feeling his warmth on my back, I realized that the blanket is not a source of inconvenience at all.
- Goodnight pictures
- Gonzaga commencement 2020
- Moroccan knives
- Azamax mixing directions
- Autumn inspiration ragdoll
- Bass boat speed
- Strand of crystals
- Dota 2 collectibles
- Legrand outlet strip
- Utility trailer tallahassee
- Geralt cosplay
- Kid coming out
- Wooden aircraft plans
Cups of the drink and, putting a spoonful of sugar in my wife's cup, took her to the hall My wife was already sniffing, scattered all over the bed, but I still could not sleep. Damn, what is it. This Andromeda was given to me - I lay on my back and covered my eyes with my palms. A couple of minutes later, feeling that I was falling asleep, dropped my hands and.
woke up from the signal on my wife's cell phone.