Quincy Mumford is a bit of an enigma. At 21, the soulful crooning front man of Quincy Mumford and The Reason Why has a sound beyond his years. Hinged on a hodgepodge of influences, including G Love, John Mayer and John Legend, it taps different emptions and musical stylings, from rock and soul to a funk rhythm that brandishes a tinge of R&B and jazz.
“It’s kind of hard to pin down one sound, because it’s so many different kind of genres morphed into one,” Mumford muses on the sound of his band, which includes Karlee Bloomfield on the keys, bassist Brian Gearty, guitarist Mike Zdeb and David Vossel on drums. “We try to make our listeners walk away feeling lifted and liberated.”
|From left: Brian Gearty (bass), Karlee Bloomfield (keys), Quincy Mumford (vocals, guitar), Mike Zdeb (guitar), David Vossel (percussion).|
Although a band of young bloods, Mumford et al. are already seasoned veterans, having released July 30 their fifth album, It’s Only Change, a studio job with producer Ken Coomer (Wilco) in Nashville. This latest work points to the evolution of Mumford and the band since coming together five years ago—“growth in the right direction,” as Mumford puts it.
Living in New Jersey just a mile from shore, the group penned much of the album in the aftermath of Super Storm Sandy. At the time, “there wasn’t too much to do,” Mumford says. “When Sandy happened, we were out of power for two weeks, so I played guitar a lot. Some of the songs came out then.”
Currently on tour traveling the east coast and the Florida loop, Quincy Mumford and The Reason Why will be coming to Naples’ South Street Bar and Grill on Sunday, August 25. We caught up with Mumford to discuss his latest album and life on the road.
What’s your take on It’s Only Change?
This album turned out to be more than I expected it to be. It’s the first album I created that feels like a complete piece of work, not just a bunch of songs placed in a certain order on a disc. Every song relates back to each other and has the same constant theme. It feels kind of like a story to me. I think that’s exciting. It’s something new for me, something I haven’t done before.
Does any particular song stand out to you?
I like the song “Eventually.” It’s a slower tune but powerful and a lot of fun to play; it’s really soulful.
How’s life on the road?
We get along really well on tour. There’s a good vibe with us; I love being on the road with [the band]. We actually just installed a Nintendo 64 in the van, so we are all pretty happy about that.
In five words or fewer, describe your sound?
Feel-good music. The vibe we put off when we play live has people walking away feeling good.
They’re retro, they’re groovy, they’re good songwriters and they’re Mavis Staples’ new favorite band—they’re the Vermont-based trio, Dwight + Nicole, and on October 6, they’re unveiling their latest single, “Further.”
Coming ahead of their EP of the same name—itself due on October 22—the single and its soulful, lo-fi sound are indicative of Dwight + Nicole’s particular brand of thoughtful song-smithing.
“I wrote ‘Further’ thinking about perspective,” Dwight Ritcher explains to American Songwriter. “I ride my bike through a graveyard a couple of times a week on my way back home, and I look at the stones and the dates. I imagine what their lives were like—and how those lives, in turn, affected so many other lives—and so on and so on. I wish everyone… well… it’s a short run. ‘Further’ is just commenting on what might be possible if we get fed up with the things that obscure our view during a lifetime (or lifetimes?), the things that keep us tethered. There’s tiredness in repeating the cycle. Do these obstructions really hold and serve us in some way? Imagine where we could put the energy that it takes to keep them in place.”
What’s so neat about “Further” is its sense of immediacy… there’s something about Ritcher and Nicole Nelson’s vocal performances that makes it feel so raw, so urgent. Perhaps that’s because of the way the tune was recorded.
“This one came together quickly—we recorded it live-to-tape on the first day of the session,” Nelson explained. “We did three takes, and we were all feeling the third take. It was basically exactly the way we play it live, so all that feeling is present in the recording more than any of the other songs. We didn’t want to do too much to it because that raw simplicity is a rare and beautiful thing. It’s imperfect, but… so are we.”
Putting this single out now, ahead of the Further EP, the trio is excited to continue to share their story with the world through music. “When we started putting songs together, these five just told our story,” Nelson explained of the EP. “Each song hits on pivotal points of our lives over the last couple of years. ‘Further’ is the one that is about redemption. It isn’t wallowing in heartache or too self-indulgent. It is straightforward. It’s a mirror cry to drop all of the bullshit and create something brand new. We are all being called to do that now.”
Dwight + Nicole’s new EP Further is due on October 22—listen to the single “Further” HERE.
Stream Top Podcasts
Stream the best podcasts from your favorite stations
If you can never get enough true crime... Congratulations, you’ve found your people.
Current and classic episodes, featuring compelling true-crime mysteries, powerful documentaries and in-depth investigations.
If you've ever wanted to know about champagne, satanism, the Stonewall Uprising, chaos theory, LSD, El Nino, true crime and Rosa Parks then look no further. Josh and Chuck have you covered.
View All Popular Podcasts
Ever miss those spooky campfire stories you heard growing up? Well, gather round... and listen close.
The Herd with Colin Cowherd is a thought-provoking, opinionated, and topic-driven journey through the top sports stories of the day.
Hi! Welcome to Storytime with Seth Rogen, where every week Seth asks somebody, “Do you have a great story? And if you do, will you tell it on my podcast?” That’s it. That’s the concept. But the results are so much more than that. This is not a typical comedian-hosted chat show! Each episode plays like a little audio documentary, a feature presentation unto itself, with supporting interviews and archival tape woven into each story with a rhythmic editing style. Not all the stories are knee-slap funny, and not all the guests are known. From a near-death grizzly bear fight in remote Canada, to a life-altering celebrity encounter in a movie theatre, to the revelation of a family secret, Storytime starts with Seth’s curiosity about people and the world, and always ends up in an unexpected place.
View All Featured Podcasts
Soulful Vibes Review
Soulful Vibes Review: Soulful Vibes Pros & Cons
Soulful Vibes (soulfulvibesco.com) is a smaller crystals & gem store which competes against other crystals & gem stores like Disney, Shop Disney, Shop PBS, WorthPoint and BBC Shop. Based on our in-depth Soulful Vibes review, when compared to its competitors, Soulful Vibes is a mid-range performing brand within its category. Read the full Soulfulvibesco.com review below for more details.
- Products made in USA: Are each store products made in the USA? Does each store manufacture their products in the United States?
- White-glove delivery: Does each store offer white-glove delivery and assembly? Does each store offer in-home delivery services?
- Crystal descriptions: Does each store offer descriptions of their crystals on their website? Is there a guide to each crystal on each store website?
- Free returns & exchanges: Does each store offer free returns? What's their exchange policy? What is each store's returns and exchanges policy?
- International shipping: Does each store ship internationally? each store international shipping?
- Curbside pickup: Does each store have curbside pickup? Does each store have in-store pickup?
- PayPal: Does each store accept PayPal? each store PayPal support?
- Debit & prepaid cards: each store debit card support? Does each store take debit cards?
- Google Pay: Does each store accept Google Pay? Does each store take Google Pay?
- Apple Pay: Does each store accept Apple Pay? Does each store take Apple Pay?
- Shop Pay: Does each store accept Shop Pay? Does each store take Shop Pay?
- Amazon Pay: Does each store accept Amazon Pay? Does each store take Amazon Pay?
- Cryptocurrency payments: Does each store accept Bitcoin or cryptocurrency? Does each store take Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies for payment?
- Alipay: Does each store accept Alipay? Does each store take Alipay?
- AARP discounts: Does each store offer discounts to AARP members? Does each store have an AARP discount policy?
- Military discounts: Does each store offer a military discount? each store military discount?
- Student discounts: Does each store have a student discount? each store student discount?
- Price matching: Does each store price match? each store price matching?
- Teacher discounts: Does each store give discounts to teachers and educators? each store teachers and educator discount?
- Front-line worker discounts: Does each store offer discounts to front-line workers? each store essential workers discount?
- Senior discounts: each store senior discount? Does each store have a senior discount policy?
- Birthday discounts: each store birthday discount? Does each store give birthday discounts?
- Competitor coupons: Does each store accept competitors' coupons? Does each store take competitor coupons?
- Coupon stacking: Does each store support coupon stacking? each store coupon stacking?
- Gift cards: Does each store offer gift cards? Does each store accept gift cards or e-gift cards?
- Order tracking: How does I track my each store order? each store track order?
- Order changes & cancellations: each store cancellation policy? Can I change my order? each store order changes? How does I cancel my order after placing it?
- Loyalty programs: each store loyalty or rewards program? Does each store offer a loyalty or rewards program?
- Contact information: How does I contact each store? each store contact information?
- Afterpay financing: Does each store accept Afterpay financing? Does each store take Afterpay financing?
- Affirm financing: Does each store accept Affirm financing? each store Affirm financing support?
- Klarna financing: Does each store accept Klarna financing? Does each store take Klarna for financing?
- Sezzle financing: Does each store accept Sezzle financing? Does each store support Sezzle financing?
- Zip financing: Does each store accept Zip financing? Does each store take Zip Pay?
- Bread financing: Does each store accept Bread financing? Does each store offer Bread as a financing option?
- Splitit financing: Does each store accept Splitit financing? each store Splitit financing support?
- Layaway programs: Does each store offer layaway programs? What is each store's layaway policy?
- Four financing: Does each store accept Four financing? Does each store take Four financing?
- Snap Finance: Does each store accept Snap Finance? each store Snap Finance support?
- GreenSky: Does each store accept GreenSky financing? each store GreenSky financing support?
- Influencer marketing: Does each store have an influencer marketing program? Does each store use influencer marketing?
- Affiliate marketing: each store affiliate program? Does each store offer an affiliate program?
- Positive environmental practices: Does each store publish a clear commitment to positive environmental practices? Does each store practice sustainability and a low carbon footprint in its operations?
- Diversity commitment: Does each store publish a clear and accountable diversity commitment statement? Does each store have a clear statement for commitment to diversity?
- Nurse discounts: each store nurse discounts? Does each store have any discounts for nurses?
- Government worker discounts: each store government worker discount? Does each store offer any discounts for government workers?
- Ethical practices: Is each store considered an ethical brand? Does each store use ethical practices?
Soulful Vibes' strengths are:
Offers contact information availabilitydetails
Knoji has 5 Soulful Vibes reviews and ratings as of October 14, 2021. Knoji editors and the Knoji shopper community have reviewed Soulful Vibes and compared it against 0 top brands, reviewing Soulful Vibes based on product and store features such as domestic production policy, white-glove delivery and crystal description availability. Knoji reviews and ranks Soulfulvibesco.com and other crystals & gem stores based on how many features each offers and based on a 5-star rating scale. Based on these factors and 5 Soulful Vibes reviews, Soulful Vibes earns an overall score of 4.2 out of 5.0 points. Soulful Vibes offers 0 total features such as contact information, and . Soulful Vibes''s review score also factors in its popularity, which is in the mid-range to lower-range compared to competing .
Soulful Vibes currently has 5 active discount codes. You can view all Soulful Vibes' coupon codes here
Down at the base of the penis and even snaps his fingers, as if playing checkers, trying to alternately hit different eggs. But I'll start from the beginning, phoned a friend of college years and asked to visit, see, relax, relax, and she can persuade her hubby to have a fuck session. And the situation turned out to be much more pleasant than I could even dream up for myself.
We met, drove to the house, while her husband Vova parked the car, looked around.Deep Soul Vibes • Chill Out Session [Mixed by Take It Easy]
No guys !. You heard. She knows me.
You will also like:
- Wholesale lotion pumps
- Dmv davidson nc
- Ryujin swords review
- Sprite manga
- March networks dvr
- Azithromycin for psoriasis
- Davidoff watch review
- Serenity word tattoo
- Zealous tattoo
Tanya then decided to explain to her what had happened. She had to come up with a good reason why she hadn't opened the door for so long. She went into the kitchen to her Fuckers.