MS in Engineering Technology (Online)
ENGINEERED TO BE DIFFERENT
Connect engineering, technology, and science to practical industrial or business applications and emerge as a leader in your field. With Purdue's 100% online MS in Engineering Technology, you'll gain deep technical knowledge, essential skills and direct experiences in the discipline. You'll learn how to solve problems creatively, think critically, truly innovate, and communicate in a compelling way to all project stakeholders — the top soft skills employers seek.
You'll be prepared for advanced technical positions and leadership roles where you'll develop and implement problem-solving strategies that can be scaled across entire businesses. You'll be qualified to apply for positions in industry, academia and government in applied research, solution development and management, and be confident in pursuing entrepreneurial ventures.
For more information visit: ONLINE MASTER OF SCIENCE IN ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
CHOOSE PURDUE — THE ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY LEADER
#1 in Engineering Technology Enrollment in the U.S. — American Society of Engineering Education
#1 in Female Graduates in Engineering Technology — American Society of Engineering Education
America's Top 25 Public Universities — U.S. News & World Report
#4 University as Ranked by Recruiters — The Wall Street Journal
The Engineering Technology Difference
A CAREER IN ENGINEERING CAN BE YOURS, THANKS TO A DEGREE IN ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY FROM PURDUE POLYTECHNIC.
At Purdue Polytechnic, the way you learn is as important as what you learn.
- Focus on applied, theory-based learning
- Manage teams and workflow
- Improve and implement new technologies
- Collaborate with a wide range of professionals
Learn the skills and abilities that prepare you for an engineering career.
- Class projects emphasize problem-solving and teamwork
- Presentations polish communication skills
- Internships provide real-world experiences
Assist with research that has immediate impact by contributing to:
- Undergraduate research
- Company-funded senior final capstones
- Independent projects
AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
Design and maintain essential aircraft manufacturing equipment, such as engines, wind tunnels and virtual computer simulators.
- Airframe design engineer
- Integration engineer
- Logistics engineer
- Reliability engineer
AUDIO ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
Combine the science of sound, electronics and audio technology to create and manipulate the audio experience in a variety of settings.
- Amplifier designer
- Audio systems engineer
- Audio system consultant
COMPUTER ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
Devise, integrate and embed the intricate microcomputer processing systems that control the items people use every day.
- Application engineer
- Computer systems designer
- Software engineer
- Test engineer
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
Put your knowledge of electricity and electronics into motion to improve everyday items and invent life-changing products.
- Applications engineer
- Controls engineer
- Instrumentation engineer
- Systems engineer
ENERGY ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
Design solutions for energy creation and efficient transmission to industrial, commercial and residential customers.
- Building control engineer
- Instrumentation engineer
- Mechanical design engineer
- Power systems engineer
ENGINEERING-TECHNOLOGY TEACHER EDUCATION
Learn how to share your enthusiasm for STEM with the next generation by becoming someone’s favorite teacher!
- K-12 technology education teacher
- Corporate trainer
- Instructional coordinator
INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
Manage information, supplies and equipment to coordinate operations while directing people to make products or provide services.
- Industrial engineer
- Manufacturing engineer
- Purchasing manager
- Sales engineer
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
Manage people and production while applying principles of materials, solid and fluid mechanics and energy to create or improve products and processes.
- Mechanical engineer
- Project engineer
- Production engineer
- Quality engineer
MECHATRONICS ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
Combine computing controls and sensors with mechanical and electronic systems to create electromechanical products and smart devices.
- Applications engineer
- Engineering consultant
- Industrial engineer
- Product engineer
NETWORK ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
Learn to solve high-level networking challenges securely, efficiently and accurately using the best-suited hardware and software options.
- Network engineer
- Network architect
- Systems engineer
ROBOTICS ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
Combine your skills in mechanics, electronics, automation, computing and software to design and build robotic systems.
- Robotics automation software engineer
- Robotics designer
- Robotics engineer
- Quality engineer
SUPPLY CHAIN AND SALES ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY
Use technology, communication and business analysis to coordinate the timing and manage the logistics of incoming supplies and outgoing products.
- Global logistics analyst
- Industrial engineer
- Production manager
- Quality control engineer
The following is an engineering technology synopsis based on information from ABET (www.abet.org), the computing, applied and natural science, and engineering technology accreditation agency. ABET accredits 4,005 programs at 793 colleges and universities in 32 countries.
- Engineering technology programs focus on application and implementation.
- Engineering technology programs stress advanced design practices.
- Engineering technology programs typically focus on algebra, trigonometry, applied calculus and other courses that are more practical than theoretical in nature.
- Graduates with engineering technology degrees enter fields such as construction management, manufacturing, product design, testing or technical services and sales. Those who pursue further study often consider engineering, facilities management or business administration.
Graduates from ABET-accredited bachelor-level engineering technology degree programs are eligible to become registered professional engineers (P.E.) in many (but not all) U.S. states and territories by a process of two examinations (the FE and PE exams) and documentation of engineering work experience.
School of Engineering Technology
Supported Degree Objectives
Required Supporting Documents
English Proficiency Requirements
Master's Degree Program Requirements
- Cumulative Grade Point Average from most recently conferred undergraduate, graduate, or professional degree:
- 3.0 or equivalent (A=4.0)
Fall Spring Summer April 1 October 1 April 1 US Citizen July 1 November 1 April 1 International
Program Contact Information
Name Online MS in Engineering Technology Phone 877-497-5851 (toll free)
[email protected] Web Program Website Address Purdue University Online Programs
Admissions Processing Center
851 Trafalgar Court, Suite 420 West
Maitland, FL 32751
- Early application is encouraged. Program capacity is limited and it is recommended that students apply early to maximize the opportunity for program consideration.
Purdue Polytechnic Institute
Admitted StudentsFuture College StudentsCurrent StudentsAlumni and FriendsEmployers and Partners
The faculty, staff and students of the Purdue Polytechnic Institute strive to embrace the connection of people of diverse backgrounds, experiences and thoughts as we develop an environment that helps each of us achieve our most creative and innovative ideas and solutions. We dedicate ourselves to the hard work that must be done to improve and expand our equitable and inclusive practices as we make the Polytechnic Institute a college where everyone feels welcomed and respected, and as we build a community where excellence and achievement are attainable by all.
(noun) 21st century: An academic college at a world-class university that uses innovative learning methods, real-world experiences, and industry partnerships to produce graduates uniquely qualified for technology-driven careers.
Learn more about the College
Purdue Polytechnic at Anderson
In addition to our 30+ majors on Purdue's main West Lafayette campus, Purdue Polytechnic offers a number of different degree options at multiple locations across Indiana.
With a culture of interdisciplinary collaboration, risk-taking and diversity, the Purdue Polytechnic Institute's Office of Research encourages big ideas and novel approaches. Learn more about the Polytechnic's Research Impact Areas and graduate research opportunities.
Explore Polytechnic Research
Engineering technology purdue
Online Master of Science in Engineering Technology
Purdue University West Lafayette (Main Campus)
Ready to learn more about the
Master of Science in Engineering Technology?
Solve Industry Challenges with Science and Technology
Connect engineering, technology and science to practical industrial or business applications and emerge as a leader in your field. With Purdue's online MS in Engineering Technology program offered through our Polytechnic Institute, you'll gain deep technical knowledge, essential skills and direct experiences in the discipline.
#5 School in the U.S. for Student Engagement – Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education 2021
#7 Best Value School in the U.S. - Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education 2020
#5 Most Innovative School in the U.S. - U.S. News & World Report 2021
#9 Public University in the U.S. - Wall Street Journal/Times Higher Education 2021
Is This the Right Program for You?
The MS in Engineering Technology is designed for students with an undergraduate degree in engineering, engineering technology, science, information technology or business. The program is uniquely equipped to prepare you for a variety of careers, but it does not prepare you to be a theoretical engineer and shouldn’t be confused with a graduate degree in engineering science.
When you graduate from the engineering technology program, you'll have the ability to solve business and industry challenges using existing sciences and technologies. You'll merge knowledge, art and skill to develop and impact the deployment of solutions to complex, real-world problems in manufacturing technology and many other areas.
Learn From the Experts
When you learn from Purdue University, you're learning from a leader in engineering technology education. In the program, you'll learn:
- How to apply an agile strategy
- Real-world, problem-solving skills from global case studies
- Within a dynamic curriculum that consistently adapts to industry trends
- From faculty who have firsthand, expert-level experience in business and industry
- "Smart manufacturing" techniques to analyze data and better manage processes
- To gain greater control as a technology manager
- About cybersecurity and the internet of things as they relate to manufacturing and business
Apply Essential Knowledge
As you build your foundation of skills throughout the program, you'll become recognized as a technology leader, faster. By graduation, you can:
- Design and guide complex collaborations
- Drive innovative and technical solutions
- Achieve strategic outcomes with an agile approach
- Identify and analyze energy-saving opportunities of commercial/industrial systems with an economic evaluation of energy audit training
- Improve efficiency, process flows and product quality across new and legacy equipment that's interconnected
- Apply best practices of advanced networked systems that combine sensors, data, models and algorithms
- Globally apply the interaction of engineering/professional ethics, project management and cultural diversity in the workplace
- Mine data, and report valid quantitative or qualitative results to perform due diligence and create comprehensive proposals for potential solutions
- Judge enterprise cybersecurity and industrial espionage risks, including the value of utilizing the Internet of Things
- Understand operation and maintenance processes for modern high-performance buildings, including indoor air quality and cost-effective, renewable energy savings measures in commercial and industrial facilities
Build Career Experience
Throughout the program, you'll learn how to solve problems creatively, think critically, truly innovate, and communicate in a compelling way to all project stakeholders — the top soft skills employers seek.
In every course, you'll capture real-world knowledge you can immediately use to succeed in your current role and position yourself for future advancement.
View a Virtual Open House
Hear directly from our directors of admissions, program directors and faculty to learn more about the program’s objectives, what it’s like to learn online, the resources we have to assist you throughout your education, and career paths after graduation.Register to Access Recording
As a graduate of the program, you'll be prepared for advanced technical positions and leadership roles where you'll develop and implement problem-solving strategies that can be scaled across entire businesses. You'll be qualified to apply for positions in industry, academia and government in applied research, solution development, and management, and be confident in pursuing entrepreneurial ventures.
Explore Careers in Engineering Technology
By graduation, you'll be at the forefront of emerging areas such as project management, sustainable energy, agile strategy and smart manufacturing. And you'll be connected to a network of proud alumni who are employed at Fortune 500 companies and other leading organizations throughout the nation, such as Rolls-Royce, Caterpillar, Ford Motor Company, General Motors, Johnson & Johnson, Motorola, Cummins, 3M, Boeing, FCA, ExxonMobil, Johnson Controls and many more.
Admissions decisions are based on individual experience and the applicant’s fit with the program.
To be considered for admission, students must complete a phone interview with an admissions advisor and submit a completed application as well as the following:
- 3 years of relevant professional experience
- An updated resume
- 3.0 cumulative GPA for a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Official transcripts from all universities attended, including transfer credits
- (3) professional letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with your abilities
- A 500-word personal statement
- An application fee of $60 ($75 for international students)
What You Don’t Need — A BS in Engineering Technology
Students come from a variety of educational and professional backgrounds including engineering technology, engineering, science, information technology or business.
In addition to the admission requirements noted on the first tab, international students must also provide the following:
- Official transcripts from all universities attended in the original language as well as English translation for transcripts and diplomas not in English
- An application fee of $75
Non-native English speakers must also submit the following:
- TOEFL test scores that are less than two years old and meet the following requirements:
- Minimum Overall: 80
- Writing: 18
- Speaking: 18
- Listening: 14
- Reading: 19
IELTS test scores that are less than two years old and meet the following requirements:
- Minimum Overall: 6.5
- Writing: 6.5
- Speaking: 6.0
- Listening: 6.0
- Reading: 5.5
Prior to starting your online application, you must first complete a phone interview with an admissions advisor. To schedule your phone interview, call 877-497-5851.
Once you have completed your phone interview, you are ready to complete the online application. Access the online application.
If you have any questions about filling out the application, request more information or call us at 877-497-5851 to speak with an admissions advisor.
Send All Other Application Materials To:
Purdue University Online Programs Admissions Processing Center
851 Trafalgar Court, Suite 420
West Maitland, FL 32751
What’s It Like to Learn Online?
- Is the online program as credible as the ones offered on ground at Purdue?
Absolutely. You will be taught by the same experienced Purdue instructors as our on-ground students and, upon graduation, you will receive the same Purdue diploma as your on-campus peers. Assignments and projects may be slightly different to work with the online format, but the coursework is just as rigorous and challenging as the on-campus programs.
- How do online classes work?
Most coursework is asynchronous, meaning that there are not specific times that you need to be online. When you start the program, you will be given access to a virtual classroom interface. Your instructor will post coursework, syllabi, assignments, and messages every week.
You will also use discussion boards, e-mail, and chat to communicate with your classmates and your instructor. You can log on and do your coursework at any time that is convenient for you, but you must turn in your assignments by the deadlines your instructor sets.
- How much time should I allow for doing homework and completing assignments?
As in an on-campus program, you should plan on devoting about 15 to 20 hours a week to coursework, depending on your study habits.
- What if I have a question about homework or need help with a technical issue?
The faculty and staff at Purdue are dedicated to your success at the University and in the future. Your instructor will set weekly times for one-on-one electronic consultations and will answer emails in a timely fashion.
Technical support is available to help you handle hardware and software issues, and we have dedicated staff available to talk to you about financial aid, scheduling, or any other administrative issues.
|Current Tuition Rates and Fees*||In-State||Out-of-State|
|Repair and Rehabilitation Fee||$11.25||$11.25|
|Digital Education Fee||$50.00||$50.00|
|Graduate Differential Fee||$23.80||$23.80|
|Total Cost per Credit Hour||$890.00||$990.00|
|Total Credit Hours||30||30|
|Total Program Cost||$26,700||$29,700|
*Tuition and fees are charged on a per credit hour basis and are subject to annual increases. Annual increases may change the total program cost. Purdue faculty and staff fee remissions may not be applied to the online MS in Engineering Technology program.
Learn More About This Program
Prepare for a high-impact career as an engineering technology leader with the online MS in Engineering Technology from Purdue.
To learn more about the program, request more information or call 877-497-5851 to speak to an admissions advisor.
Aeronautical Engineering Technology
A major in the Aeronautical Engineering Technology Program
in the School of Aviation and Transportation Technology
Aircraft and aerospace vehicles are complex mechanical marvels, utilizing concepts from several disciplines of science, engineering and mathematics. A degree in Aeronautical Engineering Technology will provide you with the skills and knowledge to design, manufacture and maintain these machines of flight and to improve the quality of life for those who depend on their use. Over the course of the program, you will learn how to design, manufacture, maintain, operate and support a variety of aerospace vehicles. The program also offers an in-depth study of critical thinking, management, supervision and the entrepreneurial skills needed for success.
Airframe and Powerplant Certification preparation
Disciplines covered in the AET program include applied aeronautical structures and materials, electrical and electronic systems, propulsion systems, vehicle design operation and maintainability. A Bachelor of Science degree in AET also prepares you to take the FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certification exam. Graduates with the A&P certificate are highly valued and recognized by industry as having a significant level of technical knowledge across key areas of aviation and aerospace operations. This FAA-issued license allows you to conduct, inspect, and supervise air vehicle inspection and maintenance activities.
- Learn in close-knit classes that feature individualized attention from knowledgeable instructors.
- Learn by doing in laboratory situations which focus on team-building projects.
- Extremely marketable graduates with a variety of aerospace engineering skills and FAA certifications.
- Work in industry-standard labs and faculty-led research centers to gain the best hands-on experience.
- Utilize the program’s global reputation, recognized coursework, and cutting edge research that prepare you to enter a rapidly growing industry.
- Get involved with various student organizations specifically for aviation students
- Utilize the Polytechnic learning environment to become a career-ready graduate
You will also like:
- Fluent ui themes
- Tuition for twu
- Yamaha g22 controller
- Find which wich
- Battlebots fusion
- C434ta asus
- Walgreens wifi extender
- Gacha gangster
- Truck headliner storage
He only mocked this fool. I have The faculty command knew about the arrival of a new cadet on the recommendation of the high Kremlin authorities. And, although this was not a novelty, since the grandson of Suslov himself, Alexander, the son of Viktor of the Commander-in-Chief of the.