Feels like crumbs in my bed
I love it. After all, He made me this way. Bed Crumbs Lyrics: Hello Ms. The fact that they keep showing up on different days in varying shapes and sizes tells me they are coming from my skin, since my bed is clean before going to bed. Note to self: See more of the world! Let those suitcases be covered in destination stamps and enjoy baggage collection conveyer belts. Nov 02, 2009 · We’ve all been there: the alarm goes off, we’re feeling groggy, reach out and slap it to snooze. I do not eat in my bed, but i do have a small dog who sleeps with me at night. " Cora's P. Dec 04, 2010 · no signs of bugs or anything like tht checkd my matress changed my bed etc, just find white-ish hard specs same size of salt in my bed hmm? wasnt itching till i tryed ta google it haha n everything came up with bed bugs, keep picking up fluff n staring at it to c if it has legs lmao When I bath, I can rub them out and can not get rid of them. If I spray my linens or my feet and ankles before bed, I avoid being bitten. Eating Crumbs from the Masters Table Quit your job ! It was early morning and as I sat on my bed I heard a voice say loud and clear Quit your Jul 17, 2018 · This morning when I woke I felt small in my bed. Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm down to crumbs of Suboxone, I was woken up at 4:30 am with some cold sweats but I took 3 ibprufens and went back to bed. I hate the feeling of sharp crumbs on my sheets and I worried constantly about spilling. I also hate the feeling of fuzzy fabrics, especially blankets, on my feet and legs. Our well broke twice, and a couple other small things also. SISTER! Oct 16, 2015 · The oil started to create a mild burning sensation. Reiki is now on my self-care regime, a Jan 25, 2021 · A table that you roll over the bed is an option, but feels like an extreme investment for bed-working, and a bit too “hospital room” for me. Warm humid locations are best for breeding dust mites. I blink, once, twice, thrice. I live among many trees and seemed to be getting bitten at night in my bed with tiny insects. Jan 14, 2010 · I am so glad I found this site. Good luck to you. They show up in my clothes, especially, in the elastic areas of my underwear. But then I don't ever want to do those things prematurely because then it feels like I'm turning in for the night much earlier than I want to. The exterminator said there are no bed bugs. Sep 28, 2017 · Why it Feels like Something Is Stuck in My Throat If you have suffered a stroke, or have a muscle or nerve condition, it can feel like something is stuck in the throat when swallowing. Mar 02, 2008 · this is my 1st post to your forum. … All have to spare, none are too poor, When want with winter comes; The loaf is never all your own, Then scatter out the crumbs. The sensation is it feels like there are "invisible bugs" crawling on, and/or biting my skin. O. pleeeeaaassse help me! Jan 09, 2013 · A few weeks ago i found little things that look like seeds in my bed also that look just like the picture that is posted on here. "stop getting crumbs all over my bed. My life be like Ooh Ahh It's times like these that make me say Lord if you see me please come my way. But every night when I get into my bed it is full of crumbs. My question to you as an authority is…. Crumbs in my belly button curled at the end of my bed. We switch the alarm off again. Today my head has been itching BADLY. Sep 18, 2017 · Confetti + Crumbs: What is the last thing one of your children have cried about? Ashley: My oldest cried because he lost privileges for having a bad attitude and my youngest cried about having an accident in my bed but was worried I was mad at him. I am forming a relationship with it, and will be for the rest of my life. . It feels like I can’t breathe. I started coaching in 2019. I too was adapting to the flavor and texture of my own expectations. Sometimes crumbs are the very best because it leaves room for an appetite for for bread crumbs: dried out in the fridge To dry the bread, leave it for a day or two – until completely hard – on a plate on your counter or on a cooling rack like you’d use for cookies to let air circulate. "CoCo please put on something else, please babe. º ryan ©gothicmane the crumbs in my bed exfoliate my skin – popular memes on the site ifunny. Nov 25, 2012 · At 6am yesterday morning I scurried out of bed as quickly as I could after feeling my waters break. Nov 20, 2017 · So the last post covered a fairly broad amount of time. ( Ikea does a metal and glass one that doesn’t Mar 09, 2016 · That’s when my no-bed existence started to feel less quirky-cool and more like a dark secret that symbolized everything that was wrong with my life. Hey all! If you liked my Crumbs in Bed website, check out TheHungryHungryRunner. It is 8pm here and I am already ready for my bed! Thanks for replying - I really appreciate it. If I small ANY trace of food, I have to wash them again. Soon winter falls upon your life, The day of reckoning comes: Against your sins, by high decree, Are weighed those scattered crumbs. Because of this feeling, I rarely paint my nails. Dec 12, 2019 · Over time the crumbs became smaller and smaller, and increasingly tasted of cardboard rather than gingerbread. Two suitcases and a travel bag live under my bed. I spit it out (hope no one was watching) and the crumb was still in place. Feeling as though you have something stuck in your throat when nothing is there is perplexing; and conversely, sometimes there is a physical object behind this Jul 20, 2016 · Truthfully, I still was not feeling confident in the texture. All sheets and bedding are washed daily. So true redmod even to the extent I woke up one morning a few days ago had a night's sleep didn't feel breathless or anything present in the throat area and started to angst about what the day would bring I started really feeling mad that some people must feel like that every morning- this illness is turning me into some kind of nutcase or at the very least not a very charitable person. My kids bring me joy. Leavin bread crumbs for when I stray Rely on sacrifice and the price you paid Jun 11, 2020 · Hello Tiffany. Thanks for the B12 info. Then yesterday I buried a Japanese eggplant; today 24 hours later, I dug it up. The thought of getting out of bed seems like way too much effort. They are careful, like moths, to not get caught within the flames of hazel sight. It feels as though an entity has taken up residence and just sits there, and my mind can’t stop racing. In a separate bowl mix oil, applesauce, agave, egg, and vanilla. I finish eating them, and end up having greasy crumby hands. A lot of us have pain that doesn't seem to make sense. It's so annoying feeling though! Aug 30, 2016 · So Tired Lyrics: When I was sixteen I learned to sing, I learned to sing / But every time I raise my voice inside I feel so tired / I feel like the world is filled with people who can't hear Hi all! Previously I was diagnosed with seborrheic dermatitis. With onset of the disease, my skin was so heavily burdened with 'black specks,' that any place I put the microscope to my skin, I'd see one or many. and in my New York life, that feels like Sep 10, 2020 · It feels like polluting the fish to add too much seasoning, or – heaven forbid – fry it. Now that you feel an immense satisfaction in your relationship, you start to see that it is also possible to have this type of happiness in everything else in your life. Clients and I work collaboratively This Bible still feels like home in my hands. I cherish it. x. (Ikea does a metal and glass one that doesn’t Dec 02, 2008 · For the past several years I have noticed a white, granular-like substance on the bed (almost feels like sand) after sex. My body doesn’t appear to be capable of anything other than being pathetic. co Oct 06, 2010 · Several dozen show up in my bed every time I sleep. And as we have added four children over the years, I am less and less able to do the more simple work of digging just one person out of difficulty. Dec 31, 2020 · “My bed was just sitting there, taunting me,” she said. What it feels like While Alison Perrine, 35, was pregnant six years ago, she developed an odd habit. PD took a minute to wake and realise that THIS WAS IT before jumping up to grab me a towel and call Aunty S and Uncle Awesome over to mind Harry. I have been using my homemade peppermint oil on my bed linens for approximately 2 years. We know that, once we get up, we have to launch into the day – that to-do list we made last night, those chores that need doing Nov 08, 2016 · My nerve endings are raw, spasms are firing off uncontrollably on both sides of my neck. Feeling ridiculous and mad that I got lazy and allowed my kid to have a snack in my bed after we decided no more. It is quieter than a typical vacuum, and I think, more powerful. I have regularly worked from bed for about a decade, and this is what I’ve learned about what you need to get started. Thank you! I look forward to your visit! Dec 02, 2014 · Every hubby knows the feeling: Make just ONE crumb-y little mistake and Wifey instantly makes you feel … CRUMMY! That’s why gloomy GEORGE CLOONEY’s whimpering to pals about brand-new Brit bride AMAL suddenly acting really mean in bed – or, to put it more precisely, laying down her strictly non-negotiable between-the-sheets law (she’s a lawyer, remember?!), warning: “NO MORE Jan 19, 2021 · If this all feels like an invasion of privacy, like the unintended intimacy of Zoom, “phoebe bridgers is taylor swift for girls who have crumbs in their bed,” My propensity when I am hurting, when the world is beating me up, when I feel tired and weary from the wear and tear, my propensity is to withdraw, to isolate, to pull back like a turtle finding refuge in her shell, but we must. I knew what I had to do. All I had to do was unpack, plug it in, and turn the NeverFlat dial to my Jun 02, 2017 · Crumbs in my belly button at the end of my bed. "I would go to the kitchen in the middle of the night and eat anything I could get my hands on Jan 21, 2013 · The crumbs I got from the ex husband and ending up feeling that I’m on my own in such a harsh world. As long as breath fills me. m. Its a cycle and once youre in it long enough you get to see it for what it is…a cycle. 25mg worth of suboxone. Two days ago, I went to my mom’s house without the kids. the feeling is similar to tickling a single hair on your arm or legs. Crumb versus the Sisterhood"--with my mother inside me gasping in horror at the political outrageousness--makes me laugh despite myself. if you can sleep with crumbs in ur bed you're psychotic. This is way worse than the seat-up-or-down debate. but the new apt I moved into is even worse. Having a designated space in my home for meditating , reading, or just having some alone time has been a game-changer! teresat2008 wrote: thedoper83 wrote: i have been treated for scabies and it didnt work. STAND. Occurs more at night, while laying down than any other time. at least 20 hours of work, gone. …. I began to be obsessed by hunger, too weak to do anything about it. Come July, her Aug 28, 2018 · A broken rule, crumbs in the bed and waking up at 2am fearing that ants and mice will take over if I don’t deal with the crumbs ASAP. May 11, 2016 · Meet The Tiny Critters Thriving In Your Carpet, Kitchen And Bed : Shots - Health News Dust mites, gall wasps and book lice don't bite, but they might make you wheeze. Apr 15, 2011 · She reports having found him in the kitchen looking for food during hours of sleep. In a mixing bowl lightly incorporate dry ingredients. I make sure I get in all the corners, underneath and on top of things, and I do every room in the house so I don't miss anything but then 10 minutes later I have more crumbs punder my feet and there's always more crumbs waiting for me in bed. My hands are clean (I make sure they don’t have any lotion when I I found a press release explaining what “Crumbs” is about and I think it’s easier for all of us if I share an excerpt of it here. Jul 27, 2018 · When Married Sex Feels Like Work. Nov 24, 2020 · My husband left a tray of food outside my door at mealtimes like an old-timey jailer, and I ate cross-legged on the floor so I wouldn't get crumbs in my bed. I stick them in my toaster oven sometimes and just leave the door open. Crumbs in your bed What it looks like What it feels like – popular memes on the site ifunny. But in saying this I would also like to point out that I do not actively place crumbs or debris onto my bed or sheets. little beads on the fabric of your sheets may cause the feeling of crumbs in your bed, sometimes the thread count of your sheets is the cause of that try a higher thread count on your sheet, they will fell smoother after prolonged useage and washings To the best of my knowledge, Gandalf and Pip do not eat in my bed. I learn from it. An infection? Jan 13, 2021 · If you feel like your main living area is never quite tidy enough, it’s easy to focus your energy in the wrong places. I have vacuumed my bed and carpets and they re-appear the next morning. After ten minutes of using our hands as “here’s the bed” and a Time magazine as “here’s the room”, we decided to head to the bed store to actually look at bunk beds. Additionally a messy bedroom can result in a cluttered mind and can shake the sheets out before bed time sometimes we pickup things on our feet or in our socks an it winds up in the bed, If you know what kind of sheets you are sleeping on this will answer your And pay for replacements! — which is why it’s not my first recommendation for people for whom crumbs in the bed are a regular problem. I need to sleep. I talk to it. I used this technique with a little modification: I would stand bending over for a little bit and then, as I would get dizzy, I would lay down on bed, either flat, or hanging over the edge, and kept deep-coughing. co Oct 19, 2014 · okay I just had a chocolate covered pretzel some chip crumbs that were in the bottom of the bag and I took two aspirin with honey all of a sudden I feel like I have a toast crUmb stuck in my throat. The vet told me that I needed a new vacuum, because these were just pieces of lint and dirt. We know that, once we get up, we have to launch into the day – that to-do list we made last night, those chores that need doing Feels like crumbs in throat Download Here Free HealthCareMagic App to Ask a Doctor All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. co 5 Crumbs in the bed Everyone has those days where breakfast in bed or eating toast while you read seems like a good idea - and it is! But make sure that after the munch session has ended you grab a handy dandy dust buster or sweeper and clean up your space. In reality, my choices are to clean this same exact mess for the 400th day in a row, or take some time to myself and stay up late feeling guilty about it. What I really liked was that I was able to get really helpful tips from the owner. I pulled them up with tape and took them to my vet because I thought they were mites. They dont move at all. Five minutes later, the same things happens. I can’t move my head two inches in any direction without it hurting. I know it is coming from my vagina; my boyfriend’s penis sometimes has a flaky, white dried substance on it afterwards as well. I have these “lint like bugs” all over my bed and in my carpet. No one likes a dirty house anyways, and so I’m there, picking up cereal puffs, putting up toys, washing dishes, sweeping up goldfish crumbs and I Bed bugs are flat, oval, reddish-brown insects about 1/4 inch long -- about the same size as an apple seed. Confetti + Crumbs: What would be your tip for a first time, mom? (By the way, the title of this post--Worry is the cracker crumbs in the bed of life—is the title of one of the chapters in my award-winning book The Emotional Energy Factor. But lately, I like fish recipes that go beyond just salt and pepper and lemon, like the baked halibut with bread crumbs recipe I’m sharing today or this blackened salmon recipe . I think my lists are something the Lord smiles at. He has had behavioral issues at school with poor performance. Jan 20, 2021 · A table that you roll over the bed is an option, but feels like an extreme investment for bed-working, and a bit too “hospital room” for me. Lyrics to 'My Life Be Like' by Grits. Nov 08, 2016 · As I swim in that very dark place in my head, the bedroom door flies open, and in bursts my bubbly cousin… “Hey Di, you up” she proclaims, and before I could respond, she pushes my feet over with her butt and starts to bounce on the bed, giggling as she propels into the air and lands on the squeaky bed several times …and with that, just Feb 25, 2021 · Home should be a calm oasis that feels like an escape from the outside world. A few days after my birthday, he moved out of his family home in the Hills and into a share house in Redfern (with another guy we work with, his girlfriend and her two friends). I am surrounded by my loved ones. I take warfarin for the Hughes Syndrome and will soon start plaquenil for the lupus symptoms. I had to put moisturizing lotion to my scalp to make it stop! Feels like crumbs in throat Download Here Free HealthCareMagic App to Ask a Doctor All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. I went to bed at night and woke up to strange, disrurbing thoughts about what the consequence could be. exercise and all the stuff we do to keep ourselves feeling good. And my eyelids open kind words 🙂 It feels like such a gift to be able to share Jul 31, 2013 · I lie in bed, as unwell and sad and uninspired as I could be, and I start picking up the crumbs. #8 Feeling like everything will always fall into place. and. The faint praise music from my iPod soothes my erratic breathing. Most are five to ten pages in, some dating back to 2009! I lay on my bed, acutely aware that I had inflicted brain damage, and, too tired to move, threw the empty garbage bags out my window down to the street, potentially murdering early commuters. I toss and turn and when I finally fall asleep it's night mares/ Last night I had the most vivid dream about a sniper. I didn’t notice. Mar 03, 2021 · This effortless little number has quite the fan base — it's got more than 7,700 positive reviews on Amazon! Promising review: "Oh my gosh, I'm in love! This dress feels like a soft T-shirt. However after several dermatologist visits & trying the expensive prescribed shampoos and scalp oils the dermatologist informed me that the extremely dry, dandruff, and something that feels like a combination of sand and grains of salt was coming from somewhere else other than my scalp. No one likes a dirty house anyways, and so I’m there, picking up cereal puffs, putting up toys, washing dishes, sweeping up goldfish crumbs and I Something has been driving me insane for days now. When pulled out they bleed if it's not all removed. Symptoms are strange sensations on my skin. May 13, 2013 · I hate walking around barefoot and feeling crumbs. SISTER! Double check all the doors are locked, turn on a porch light. I watched my kids play outside through Jan 14, 2010 · I am so glad I found this site. A tiny relative of the spider that lives on mattresses, bedding, upholstery, and carpets are dust mites. com for some of the same old recipes and some NEW great recipes. With that context being clear, I would say the following. Apr 20, 2016 · I made a GIF of what I saw when I opened my computer last night. But if occasional crumbs are all you’re facing, then by all means, turn the sticky roller on those bad boys! The Taylor Swift Method. And that’s why I love my vacuum. I finally snapped after a year and told him he must start using wet wipes to avoid the poo crumb issue. Nothing worked. I know what it is now but I am now have memory problems and so much more messed up issues, like passing out in the middle of the day whenever I sit on my bed neat my headboard, either that or I’m loosing 2 or 3 hours every time I do. the dirt and crumbs running down its spine Oct 13, 2020 · I lived on my own strengths, fought my weaknesses with action, and did what I had to do to control my life. When I get home I toss my coat immediately into the dryer for 30 minutes and follow that with my pillow. My doctor can't identify what type of issue I have. Apr 11, 2020 · I stole the covers from all the other bunks and stayed in bed for two days sipping my brew when I could, but feeling worse as time passed instead of better. I take lansoprazole for an inflamed stomach lining and am on steroids for my asthma - which is also playing up at the moment. The firewalls, the raw code, any logic I had tried to build…. Close all the doors downstairs. 10 Hello, Sign in. Seedy. And I have long hair and anyone whose ever had to put permethrin in their hair and use a nit comb knows it can be a right pain in the arse. Aug 10, 2020 · Walfish recommends going to bed at the same time and setting your alarm for the same time every day. Avoid looking at screens (TV, computer, cell phone) for half an hour before bed. Both pretty normal consequences but nonetheless very annoying. Nov 08, 2016 · My nerve endings are raw, spasms are firing off uncontrollably on both sides of my neck. I go to wash them, with good soap and water of course. Some in my apartment complex has had issues with them a few months back so I am paranoid about keeping an eye out for them. I was in my old house on Hamilton Avenue, hiding in my old bedroom. The pieces still felt too soft for my chicken parmigiana, so I very lightly sprayed a cooking sheet with olive oil spray (you could use parchment paper because I think that would work much more beautifully and it wont add unnecessary calories) spread the fine crumbs out and sprinkled 5 Crumbs in the bed Everyone has those days where breakfast in bed or eating toast while you read seems like a good idea - and it is! But make sure that after the munch session has ended you grab a handy dandy dust buster or sweeper and clean up your space. Sometimes, especially at night when I’m in my pajamas, the I also hate the feeling of my pajamas against my stomach. I tried getting back there with a tooth brus, with my finger. I feel pressure on my chest, even when I sleep. But with this tray, eating in bed out of The Mission: Make it through today at work and then go home to collapse immediately into bed, possibly eating some soup beforehand but I don’t really care if that happens. Jan 21, 2021 · I delineate the two by getting washed, dressed and then climbing into my boyfriend’s side of the bed (he has better pillows, which we’ll come to, and I don’t have to worry about spilling crumbs on my side). For itchy in bed not bed bugs, the culprit could be dust mites. I countered, "No, it was Little Debbie. I hate the tumbleweeds that collect along baseboards. Jun 18, 2019 · The more he spoke with that warm and soft voice of his, the more my gut feeling was telling me to avoid him, that he was untrustworthy. For example, lets say im eating chips. I feel like Crumbs Morrone. No actual bites, rashes, bugs, sores, or anything of the nature is ever visible. i get a tiny bump and it itches but in a few days its gone. I had to put moisturizing lotion to my scalp to make it stop! Nov 08, 2016 · As I swim in that very dark place in my head, the bedroom door flies open, and in bursts my bubbly cousin… “Hey Di, you up” she proclaims, and before I could respond, she pushes my feet over with her butt and starts to bounce on the bed, giggling as she propels into the air and lands on the squeaky bed several times …and with that, just Nov 02, 2009 · We’ve all been there: the alarm goes off, we’re feeling groggy, reach out and slap it to snooze. Jan 27, 2021 · Setting up the Insta-Bed Raised Air Mattress was the most effortless experience of all the air mattresses I tested. Shouldn't be allergic to anything I'm eating, and I drink enough water. My friend and I just acquired a software company: he's an accountant. I turned it off and he buried his head in my Jun 25, 2012 · I wash my hands a lot. co After thinking about it for a while, eating in bed and finding bed crumbs is a bit like getting sand between your toes after a day out on the beach. And A table that you roll over the bed is an option, but feels like an extreme investment for bed-working, and a bit too “hospital room” for me. I honor it. Spray an 8×8 baking dish with cooking spray. Keep your bed and bedroom clean Simple things include keeping the mattress spotless and free of dirt from the pets’ paws, the crumbs of our late night snacks, or any other foreign objects that may make their way between the sheets. I started having the feeling like something crawling on me three months ago and started getting pinprick bites. Keep your bedding light. We'll go over the potential causes of this sensation and give you tips for finding relief from the discomfort. STAY. “To drop CD/Digital formats on Dec 20th via Public School Records, ‘Crumbs’ is the follow up to 2009’s ‘Shroom Crumbs’ and like that former release was entirely produced by the iconic DJ Przm prior Dec 30, 2015 · And all the crumbs, lest we forget. It feels like someone’s touching me and it makes my skin Apr 01, 2012 · DEAN!! you are absolutely right!! It is/was mold spores…. if he sneaks into my daughters room he'll climb into bed with her and in the morning if you check her sheets you'll find these lil things we have started to call "butt chunkies". They get under my nails everywhere. And the few people who actually know what they’re talking about can’t get a word in edgewise. The bed now has this raw eggplant juice smell and a smell that reminds me of the rubber band-aids from the 1960s. Hi Linda, my new nukadoko is giving me great tasting cucumbers, carrots and daikon. Dec 02, 2008 · For the past several years I have noticed a white, granular-like substance on the bed (almost feels like sand) after sex. Basically cutting a long story short, we hoovered the whole cabinets, inside all drawers, carpet, bed and moved everything that was nearby and sealing them in ziplock bags, my PS3 remote had about 30 of the little buggers come out of it inside the bag, it's still in there and awaiting to be stripped down, the sky remote also had them in, as did Dec 04, 2010 · no signs of bugs or anything like tht checkd my matress changed my bed etc, just find white-ish hard specs same size of salt in my bed hmm? wasnt itching till i tryed ta google it haha n everything came up with bed bugs, keep picking up fluff n staring at it to c if it has legs lmao Something has been driving me insane for days now. Shameless Self-Promotion Note About My Coaching Services. They cant be in 20 places evenly at once so part of their juggling is throwing crumbs to feed their appliances and keep them hanging on even tho theyre 1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional) 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional-feel free to try different nuts) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. It's so annoying feeling though! Nov 08, 2016 · As I swim in that very dark place in my head, the bedroom door flies open, and in bursts my bubbly cousin… “Hey Di, you up” she proclaims, and before I could respond, she pushes my feet over with her butt and starts to bounce on the bed, giggling as she propels into the air and lands on the squeaky bed several times …and with that, just A table that you roll over the bed is an option, but feels like an extreme investment for bed-working, and a bit too “hospital room” for me. Jan 28, 2021 · It just feels like such a monumental task to have to pick myself up and do those things when I've been chilling for the past couple of hours and can easily just go to bed if those things were already done. And so did the rest. I imagine this is from my vaginal secretions and fluids, and that they change texture after It's also common to hear about painful skin that feels like it's been sunburned. I surgically remember his words: "I am a business lawyer. I tried to meditate but was distracted by the discomfort in my body – anxiety, fear, insignificance. The Canaanite woman declared that she would be content with crumbs, because even God’s crumbs were more than enough. He has also been found with food crumbs in his bed in the morning. But lately, as in the past month, oh my word, it feels like we have just been slogging along. There are all kinds of solutions there for making your life feel much, much better. (Ikea does a metal and glass one that doesn’t Jan 30, 2019 · The feeling that there's something in your eye is a hard one to ignore. I lie awake cursing for an hour or two then I get up and shake them out. Was not feeling well at all when I got up at 8:30am but I took a couple of crumbs which I believe was equivalent to about . I suppose the obvious choice is to clean. V It was just another Friday afternoon that Jide and I had decided to have a movie marathon. Scientists found about 100 Oct 06, 2010 · Several dozen show up in my bed every time I sleep. Sade Adu / I know we ain’t visit awhile / My baby say it ain’t the same / Why every-thing seem oh so fine? / I know I eat in bed sometimes / And bed crumbs tend to Bread Crumbs (Demo) Lyrics: Lyrics for this song have yet to be released
World of Quest
|World of Quest|
|Created by||Jason Kruse|
|Developed by||Stephen Sustarsic & Steve Cuden|
|Theme music composer||Voodoo Highway Music|
|Opening theme||World of Quest by Ron Pardo, Landon Norris and Brian Kelly|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||26 (50 segments)|
|Running time||20 minutes|
|Production companies||Cookie Jar Entertainment|
|Distributor||Cookie Jar Entertainment|
|Original network||Kids WB (U.S.)|
|Picture format||1080i (16:9HDTV)|
|Original release||March 15, 2008 (2008-03-15) –|
June 29, 2009 (2009-06-29)
World of Quest is an American-Canadiananimated television series based on the graphic novel series of the same name by Jason T. Kruse. The series was produced by Cookie Jar Entertainment, in association with Teletoon Canada Inc. and Kids' WB!. It appears to be a parody of the fantasy genre that blends swords, sorcery and technology, in the vein of Masters of the Universe. It premiered on March 15, 2008, on Kids' WB on The CW in the United States and in Canada on Teletoon on August 10, 2008, as a preview, with regular airings starting on September 1, 2008. The CW4Kids dropped it from its schedule after airing the first-season finale "Search For Power" on June 14, 2008. It was the last series to be produced for the Kids WB block.
The show aired on Teletoon in Canada and Cartoon Network (UK) in the UK. It was also being shown on Disney XD in Poland and Latin America, and on Disney Channel in Russia and Hungary. In mid- September 2015, Disney XD Canada was airing reruns of the show. Since the rebranding of Disney XD Canada, from 2015 to 2016 it aired reruns on Family Chrgd.
The show was nominated for Best Children's and Youth Programme or Series by the Canadian Film and Television Production Association for their 2009 Indie Awards.
- Quest A strong 1,900 year old warrior with an odd past. Previously, he was assigned as a nurse for baby Nestor. Quest first appears in Episode 1 when Prince Nestor arrives because his parents have been captured and he needs to find the Shatter Soul Sword so he can rescue them. Quest refuses until Nestor tricks him into activating an allegiance spell that binds him to the prince. His famous catchphrase is mostly. "I hate..." 'e.g. theme songs, suckers, allegiance spell e.g'
- Nestor The Prince of Odyssea, son of the King and Queen of Odyssea, who have been captured. Even though he orders Quest around and calls him his "bodyguard", Quest usually ends up interpreting his orders to suit his needs.
- Graer A thieving griffin with an appetite, Graer usually carries Anna Maht when traveling with the others. Originally he was Nestor's companion, and seems to be old friends with Quest.
- Gatling A robotic cyborg with a slight British accent, Gatling first appeared in Episode 101.2, when Nestor, Quest and Graer travel to the town of Effluvium seeking him. Quest disliked Gatling because Gatling suggested Quest be banished to the queen in lieu of execution. Gatling can chew bits of metal and spit them out like bullets, which comes in handy during a fight.
- Way A shape-shifting female being with odd patterns on her body resembling circuits. Way always speaks in enigmatic riddles, although she is helpful. She has an intricate knowledge of the world of Odyssea, and often functions as the map (since she can shape-shift) and guide to the company. She is found by Nestor in Episode 2.1 when they find the Dagger of Way. Way often travels inside the dagger later on.
- Anna Maht A young sorceress, Anna has red hair and tattoos on her face and arms. She is a huge fan of Quest and adores the warrior, despite him not caring for her affections at all. Anna often boasts to be capable of casting a variety of spells, but they usually fail or have different results than intended. The one spell she can cast to great effect, though, is one that brings inanimate objects or plants to life. While these living tools often prove useful, they annoy Quest a great deal.
- Albert A giant green creature resembling a cross between an armadillo and an ankylosaur, wearing purple armor. He is used as a method of transportation by the team. Nestor and Quest usually travel in the 'mace' at the end of Albert's tail, which functions as a sort of cockpit. Albert can roll into a ball to escape hairy situations, but this leaves his passengers quite dazed. He is the only thing Quest likes and calls him the most important member of the group. He is over 73 feet tall.
- The Guardian He's the one who protects the Shattersoul Sword. He got awakened when Nestor brought the tooth (Which held the 5 swords in it) to the tower and got shocked by a green light. In another episode, he battles Egon and Egon gets saved by Nestor who loses the Fire Sword to The Guardian but realize they can easily (Not really easily) get the Earth & Air Sword from spite but when they get there they find a sign that leads to the swords. Quest thinks it's a trap but they find the swords. when they go outside, they find The Guardian. Nestor tries to use the swords but finds out they're fake. In another episode Quest loses to The Guardian and loses Albert (If Quest loses, he loses Albert. If The Guardian loses, he loses the Shattersoul Sword.). Quest refuses to lose so he tracks down The Guardian alone. He finds him and battles him and the winner is Quest by smashing The Guardian's precious snow globes which gave Quest a huge advantage and so he won. The Guardian refuses to lose so they run for the sword. The Shattersoul Sword turns back to the 5 swords and Quest succeeds to get some swords but The Guardian got some too. After the mountain incident, the race for the swords started.
- Lord Spite The main villain of the show, Lord Cornelius Evil Spite ('Evil IS my middle name!') is an evil overlord who has plans of world domination, but always fails due to his bumbling underlings and his own incompetence and cowardice. He looks vaguely reptilian with green skin and a large horn on his head. Spite has a flair for dramatics, and spends more time on coming up with puns to use against Quest then on actual plans. Besides having a huge army of Growls and Grinders, and commanding the living fortress of Mollox, he is a sorcerer of no small power and can also remove his right eye to use as a scrying ball. He plans to collect the 5 Swords of Power and use them to release Shadowseed, he is also the one responsible for kidnapping Nestor's parents.
- Ogun Spite's loyal Death Knight, Ogun was a former Rouster like Quest before turning evil. General Ogun turned evil because he felt unappreciated by the royal family, with the last straw being denied the title of Nestor's nanny, a position he wanted for a time. He wears armor resembling a skull and a skull mask-like head/helmet. The skull-like torso of the armor is actually alive. In one story a tooth was chipped and it was restored by the following segment. Ogun often eats things and creatures by sucking them into the black hole inside the mouth. No-one has demonstrated knowledge of where it leads, though on occasion people have come back from it. Ogun is loyal to Spite and harbors a great hatred for Quest.
- The Katastrophy Brothers: Khaos, Kalamity and Konfusion Spite's three henchmen, Khaos (minotaur), Kalamity (vulture) and Konfusion (lizard) are quite harmless on their own. But, when they come in contact with water, they can merge into a giant hybrid creature called Katastrophy and when there plug is pulled (the ponytail in the back of his head), They turn back to the Katastrophy Brothers. The three are quite useless, and usually rather try to shirk their duties and come up with explanations on why they could not capture the Prince to Lord Spite, or which one of them should be to blame for their failures, rather than even try. Khaos is the oldest and most sensible of the brothers, Kalamity is quite sarcastic, while Konfusion is notorious for being an idiot, with a mouth that won't close.
- Deceit A witch working for Lord Spite, Deceit hovers above the ground and has a hat with a living snake on it on her head. Spite often summons her to help him in his plans to capture the swords, although Deceit (as she points out, it's in her name) has a tendency to double-cross him. Spite is always freaked out by her sudden appearances when she magically teleports in.
- Grinders: Large, green, four-legged, rhino-like creatures with four eyes, one horn, and a huge mouth full of teeth, who can become alive if separated from their body.
- Growls: Small, grey, goblin-like creatures that run on two legs and have fangs, a Mohawk tuft of hair (colors may vary), and ear piercings.
- Sea Squawkers: Small critters with nasty biting beaks that live in Quest's moat as well as in small ponds throughout Odyssea.
- Stumps: Sawed off logs with arms and legs and glowing red eyes. They hurl balls of tree sap.
- Swampy Crabby Swamp Creatures: Large, green, crab-like creatures that live in the swamps that Quest and Nestor pass through. Graer likes the taste of them, especially with butter.
- Loberman Pinchers: Green, dog-like creatures with purple shells on their backs and scorpion tails with a big, pinching claw at the end.
- Lucky: Quest's tiny, but extremely vicious dog. It is a pure-bred grinder-spaniel, really just a ball of green fur with a giant toothy mouth and four stick-like legs. He was given as a gift by Quest for Lord Spite. (Episode 107.1)
- Lipsuckers: Large, slug-like creatures with giant kissing lips. (Episode 107.2)
- Super Hopasaurus Rex: A cross between a Tyrannosaurus and a Kangaroo, bred by Spite to destroy Quest, but ends up treating Quest like a mother to a son. (Episode 107.2)
- Tremordites - Giant, terrible smelling sand worms that protect Dust Devil Ravine. They're totally blind and use the hair on their bodies to see. (Episode 108.2)
- Gatling's Adopted Mother: a cat-kangaroo woman with cat ears and whiskers, and a woman's chest and arms.
- Croc-a-Doodle-Doo A purple troll-like creature with a tuft of hair protruding forwards from its forehead; the group tracks down this creature to learn how to activate the Earth Sword. (Episode 104.1)
- The Toe-Jamemers of the Fjord of Fowl Funky Fungus Fowl-Smelling Feet creatures that inhabit the Fjord. They also have serious problems with Foot Infections (particularly Athlete's Foot)
- Ding Bats Large purple colored bat-like creatures with long legs, big green eyes, and big fangs seen attacking a caravan holding Gatling's parents, Butt-headius, Amazing Claud, and a giant green furry hand. Quest uses Prince Nestor as bait for the Ding Bats in order to save the caravan after being told to 'make a distraction'.
- Suckers Small, insect-like creatures who prove hard to hit. They are blood-sucking little flying scorpions, whose bodies are of a bluish color, whom Gatling defeats by spraying with a can of what seems to be 'sucker-repellent'.
- Wall of Insults A mean, rock wall whom you can defeat by out-insulting. Gatling continuously insults the walls 'family' by calling them rubble, or something to that point. As it is insulting more and more, its face shrinks (like how Graer did when he was insulted several times by the talking wall) and eventually the wall crumbles allowing the crew to pass through where the wall once stood.
- Acorn A certain, greedy acorn looking for riches, who rats out on Quest and the others by telling Lord Spite where they are and where they're going. It basically looks like a giant acorn, but the darker brown bit at the top with the stem takes the same shape of a beret, and the creature's teeth are jagged and popping out of its mouth in all sorts of places. The acorn is soon destroyed by Ogun after informing Spite of Quest's whereabouts.
- Siamese Uberilla A giant, two headed gorilla, both heads having one eye, giving it a sort of cyclops like appearance. A Siamese Uberilla is also the champion of the 'Grand Master', who Nestor and Quest, whose eyes where swollen from the horse-like guard's 'dander' fought to obtain the Fire Sword in the tournament of punishment.
- Mountain A mountain who is very much alive after being woken up by Quest and co. The grumpy old mountain seals up Quest, Nestor, Gatling, Ahna, Way, Graer, Spite, Ogun, Deceit, and the Guardian. They all split up and eventually end up escaping through the mountain's 'throat'. Unfortunately, the mountain gives one last boom and scatters all the five swords all over Odyssea.
- Craggy-Tongue Toe-Lickers Furry, green winged creatures with large tongues and huge eyes. They also have small bird-like feet. Though they aren't actually seen at any time 'licking' anyone's toes, but at one point Graer mention that his toes feel 'ticklish'...
- Sprowls Small, horned, grey-colored creatures that sound like and somewhat have the same appearance of Lord Spite. They're seen at the beginning of the episode, 'The War of the Griffins'. They are said to be as heavy as bowling balls. They have a tuft of hair on the top of their head by the horn that looks like Lord Spite's, that can vary in colors of purple, green, yellow, red and blue.
- Spinders/Grintes A mixture of Lord Spite's looks, (and cowardliness) with a grinder. Created by Deceit, these strange-looking creatures are green with a lighter shaded tuft of hair around their horn (a horn just like Spite's) and feet, plus a pony-like tail. They're created from grinders and one of Spite's nose hairs.
- Giant Frog-Bat Huge long-tongued monsters with webbed wings, clawed feet, and a mouth like Nintendo's Birdo. In multiple episodes, Nestor falls into Frog-Bat guano, which is a purple color. They have small eyes protruding from its head, and use their tongues to attack.
- Shriek A frilled lizard-like sentient species. They are called Shrieks because they are known to produce high-pitched shrieks. Their society considers themselves quite civilized, yet they quickly blame even minor inconveniences on witches, whom they toss down to a pit as a test for.
- Ron Pardo as Quest, Graer, Shadowseed, Khaos, additional voices
- Landon Norris as Nestor
- James Rankin as Lord Spite, Kalamity, additional voices
- Kedar Brown as Gatling, General Ogun, Konfusion, additional voices
- Krystal Meadows as Anna Maht
- Melissa Altro as Way, Deceit
- Michelle Melanson - Producer
- Ria Westaway - Producer
- Jane Crawford - Producer
- Paul Brown - Director
- Jamie Whitney - Director
- Stephen Sustarsic - Executive Producer, Writer
- Jason Kruse - Creator, Creative Consultant, Writer
- Shannon Eric Denton - Associate Producer, Writer
- Steve Cuden - Writer
- Mark Zaslove - Writer
- Charleen Easton - Writer
- David Silverman - Writer
- Dean Stefan - Writer
- Susan Hart - Voice Director
- Jessie Thomson - Voice Director
- Odyssia - The fictional world or land where the story takes place. Magic and highly sophisticated technology coexist in Odyssia, making it similar to Eternia from He-Man. It also has more than two Suns, which can be seen even at night. Odyssia, like Quest, derives its name from a type of journey, in this case an odyssey.
- Deludium - A town wrought with gambling that Quest says is filled with hoodlums. (Episode 107.1)
- Dust Devil Ravine - Inhabited by Termordites (Episode 108.2)
- Forest of the Unforgiven - Filled with mirror trees. (Episode 107.1)
- Lake of Little - A lake that shrinks anyone who falls into it (Episode 107.2)
- Crater of Mockery- A Volcanic cave with Walls that read the minds of those who pass through it, and uses their thoughts to insult them repeatedly (Episode 106.1)
- Cave of Oddly Big Creatures That Drool - The cave that has the crystal needed to activate the air sword. It is also home to a giant two headed pancake loving monster.
- Effluvium A town built upon a Massive Monster (Heat Vision Included). They have developed a society that is based on a number of crazy laws, so prisoners are in fresh supply to keep the monster from eating/destroying the town.
- The Swamp of Weirds - A swamp where weird things are located.
- The Swamp of Really Icky Things -A swamp where there are really icky things (Episode 112.1)
- The Great Great Great Mountain so Great that Great Doesn't Serve it Justice -A large snowy mountain and the location of the Energy Sword
Season 1 (2008)
Season 2 (2009)
In March 2010 Cookie Jar Entertainment announced a deal with Mill Creek Entertainment to release their shows, including World of Quest on the home entertainment market in the U.S.
On 27 July 2010, Mill Creek Entertainment released a 10 episode Best-of collection entitled The World of Quest: The Quest Begins on DVD in Region 1.
The Swords of Power
- Earth Sword A sword made of rock and surrounded by green mist. It is activated by sticking it into the ground. This sword can control the movement of rock and stone, and even make it levitate and disintegrate.
- Fire Sword A sword made of flames burning in an upwards direction. It is activated by placing it in the lava in the chamber of fire. This sword can control lava as well as fire, and it can become so hot that its hilt can even burn sometimes.
- Water sword A sword made from water flowing towards the tip of the sword. It is activated by placing the Aqua Diamond inside its hilt. This unique sword has temperature adjustments, which allows it to create ice fields.
- Air Sword A sword made from a flat helix of air. Is activated by "breaking wind" on the sword. This sword can summon and control air and wind. It can even manoeuvre flight and create tornadoes.
- Energy Sword A sword resembling a bolt of lightning. It is activated by taming a thunder dragon. Has patterns on it like Way. It is also known as the "Power Sword", it can launch burst of energy and electricity.
- Shattersoul Sword A sword that will form when the five other swords are combined. It will allow the Group to defeat Spite and rescue Nestor's parents. Spite wants to obtain it so that he can resurrect Shadowseed. It is possible that it can control all the elements of the 5 swords that initially form it.
Guy Mortified After His Foot-Tickling Fetish Puts Him In An Incredibly Embarrassing Situation With His Girlfriend's Family
This is a story of how a man with incredibly sensitive feet was named "Twinkletoes" and it truly was a laughing matter.
Thanks to Reddit's TIFU (Today I F'd Up) subReddit, user "NumLockMillionaire" was able to get the toe-curling incident off his chest.
The Original Poster (OP) described himself as a "mid-20s male, 6'3" with a body type that is "just kind of in the middle" of being neither muscular nor fat.
He and his girlfriend are an ideal match in the bedroom given their mutual interest in tickle torture—a common fetish many kinky couples enjoy together.
One night during a family function, the OP burst into uncontrollable fits of laughter when an unexpected and highly erotic (for him) incident occurred.
"I'm typing this story with my eyes closed because I'm so mortified, but I need to tell this to somebody so strap in."
"In a relationship with a girl for over 2 years, really compatible and all of that... we actually met due to a mutual sexual interest. We both have a fetish for tickle torture and we both are switches who go from dom to sub pretty frequently."
In addition to tickling, the OP admitted he gets highly aroused when a certain appendage of his is touched.
"Needless to say, my girlfriend and I are constantly tickling one another senseless, and over the course of the relationship we have come to figure out that I have a major, major turn-on for having my own feet touched."
"Not sure why, but having my feet touched gets me instantly horny. More on that later.
A wedding getaway entailed a convenient arrangement of bungalow-style rooms, a "crazy alcoholic aunt," and a setup that was ideal for tickle torture.
"I was staying with my girlfriend last month in a hotel for her cousin's wedding, and the hotel had these bungalow style rooms that had their own bedrooms, so the bungalow we were in was me, my girlfriend, her sister, her cousins (not the ones getting married) and her crazy alcoholic aunt."
"The aunt is actually nice, but gets drunk way way too often and it was apparent that she was 'weird family' from the moment we met."
"Still, very nice lady, but I noticed she was unusually touchy and close for an adult I'd just met. Figured she was just friendly. Whatever!"
"So anyway, the bedrooms in the bungalow were all side-by-side doors. My girlfriend and I had one of the middle doors and the aunt had the other middle door, with two bookending doors to make a total of 4 bedrooms."
"I was tired before everybody so I went to bed before my girlfriend and retired into the room. Once in private, I got undressed down to my boxers and dived into the bed, and, as I said earlier that I was tall, my feet naturally jutted a little bit out of the blanket and out of the bottom of the bed, which had a railing that my feet fit snugly through like some old stockade."
Unbeknownst to the OP, something kinky was afoot.
"Exhausted, kinda chilly on the bottoms of my feet, I tuck them back under the covers and then I drift into rest..."
"...until some time later, I hear the door open, I think, 'it's my girlfriend, probably coming to bed!' I keep my eyes closed and hear the rustling around the room, then hear the rustling come back towards me before stopping right at the foot of my bed."
"I figure that's my cue to poke the feet on out, revealing to her where I am. And then, I feel it: the extremely light and oh-so-familiar feeling of a curious finger stretching over the bottom of my right foot, intentional tickling right down the sensitive middle of my sole."
"'It is my girlfriend,' I think, and right away I'm turned on. My god, my feet being touched puts me right into the zone."
aroused ryan GIFGiphy
"Before I even know it, more fingers join in as one finger is now a whole hand grazing the bottom of my foot. I finally start to giggle, unable to hold in a laugh."
Once the mystery fingers made contact with his G-spot, it was the point of no return.
"The moment I start to giggle, two things happen: the other hand of my attacker starts to tickle the other foot, all ten fingers now assaulting my bare helpless feet at the foot of the bed, and I start to get ridiculously aroused."
"In the dark I can feel myself getting hard out of my boxers and protruding out of the hole, that same kind of rock-hard feeling that you might associate with oral sex or intercourse itself."
"I start to giggle louder, and then my laughing becomes yelping, and then in a moment of weakness, I blurt, 'I'm so f'king ticklish pleeeeasseeeee' like a pathetic little wimp."
The voice in the dark revealed the true identity of his tormentor.
"And that's when her aunt replies, 'aww okay twinkletoes, get some rest.' before departing."
oh my god no GIFGiphy
"And it's at that moment I realized, that was not my girlfriend. And here I am with the hardest f'king erection I've had all year."
Twinkletoes would never be able to face the aunt again.
All of a sudden Redditors want to meet the real life of the party.
"That's one FUN aunt." – gameartist3d
"A Funt!" – imightknowbutidk
"Is she an AILF?" – YaBoiSlimThicc
The OP may have been mortified, sure. But there are worse things that could happen.
"The more I read the more mortified I got. At least you didn't initiate anything sexually with the aunt thinking she was your girlfriend. Can you imagine how much worst it could have been?" – -nightingale21
His story read like an erotic script.
"Pornhub : We got a new one boys!" – codehawk64
This user was dying to know what happened next.
"So what happened after that? Did you rub one out?" – black_hearted_dweeb
"He finished tickling himself." – Azulcobalto
Budding entrepreneurs sniffed a marketing opportunity.
"Tickle Me Elmo sex doll. 'Nuff said." – darksi08
cant wait to see this GIFGiphy
Readers were stuck on how the aunt found her way into the OP's room.
"From what I understood, there were 4 rooms side by side, and to reach the middle rooms, you had to go through the rooms at the end." – heloouwu
"Nah I think it's a wall with 4 doors on it. Each room has its own entrance from the living or hallway or whatever." – CatWeasley
"No no no, it's clearly a dodecahedron formation with 4 entrances end to end on both sides which can only be used via the middle room at the start." – AggressiveSpud
"Maybe the aunt had to solve the puzzle of each room in a specific order to advance to the boss, and she just figured his room was the foot-tickle puzzle?"
"I mean, who hasn't had to crack a foot-tickle puzzle before?" – KingoftheMongoose
Twinkletoes is not the only one with sensitive paws.
"This has happened to me more than once."
"It's well known amongst mine and my wife's family that I have very sensitive feet and touching them will provoke an immediate reaction."
"So it's happened on just about every holiday since they found out." – Valac_
And crazy aunts seem to be a dime a dozen.
"While I'm mortified for you, this gave me a good ol' laugh. Also why does everyone have a weird aunt lol" – pinkstrawsrawr
"My aunt is on that weird sh*t. I'm 24 and was only recently able to get her to stop trying to bite my chin." – JustSherlock
Bite Me GIF by memecandyGiphy
This tickle fetishist reacts very similarly to the OP.
"Tickle fetishist here, I tell people not to tickle me when they are about to, but then they still do and I moan like I'm getting the life f'ked out of me. No one other than my boyfriend has ever tickled me more than that first time." – wormwart
But tickling can have a contradicting effect on others.
"Holy sh*t I also like to have my feet ticked, but in a relaxing way. It puts me to sleep." – Dcm210
We're all wired differently, but fetishes pertaining to feet are more common than you think.
"An explanation I heard about why foot fetish is so common, is that the brain area for sensations from the feet is right next to the area for sensation from the genitals, and on some people the wires get crossed." – TiagoTiagoT
Trips to the podiatrist must be both hysterical and arousing for Twinkletoes. Bless him.
For a bit more G-rated tickling fun, the book Tickle Monster and tickling mittens set is available here.
Assessment | Biopsychology | Comparative | Cognitive | Developmental | Language | Individual differences | Personality | Philosophy | Social |
Methods | Statistics | Clinical | Educational | Industrial | Professional items | World psychology |
Cognitive Psychology:Attention · Decision making · Learning · Judgement · Memory · Motivation · Perception · Reasoning · Thinking - Cognitive processesCognition - OutlineIndex
Tickling is the act of touching a part of the body so as to cause involuntary twitching movements and or laughter. The word evolved from the Middle Englishtikelen, perhaps frequentative of ticken, to touch lightly. The idiomtickled pink means to be pleased or delighted.
In 1897, psychologists G. Stanley Hall and Arthur Allin described a "tickle" as two different types of phenomena. One type caused by very light movement across the skin. This type of tickle, called a knismesis, generally does not produce laughter and is sometimes accompanied by an itching sensation.
Another type of tickle is the laughter inducing, "heavy" tickle, produced by repeatedly applying pressure to "ticklish" areas, and is known as gargalesis. Such sensations can be pleasurable or exciting, but are sometimes considered highly unpleasant, particularly in the case of relentless heavy tickling.
Knismesis is often elicited by crawling animals and insects, such as spiders, mosquitoes, scorpions and/or beetles, which may be why it has evolved in many animals. Gargalesis reactions, on the other hand, are thought to be limited to humans and other primates; however, some research has indicated that rats can be tickled as well.
It appears that the tickle sensation involves signals from nerve fibres associated with both pain and touch. Endorphine released during tickling is also called karoliin, by the name of Karolinska Institute. In 1939, Yngve Zotterman of the Karolinska Institute, studied the knismesis type of tickle in cats, by measuring the action potentials generated in the nerve fibres while lightly stroking the skin with a piece of cottonwool. Zotterman found that the "tickling" sensation depended, in part, on the nerves that generate pain. Further studies have discovered that when the pain nerves are severed by surgeons, in an effort to reduce intractable pain, the tickle response is also diminished. However, in some patients that have lost pain sensation due to spinal cord injury, some aspects of the tickle response do remain. Tickle may also depend on nerve fibres associated with the sense of touch. When circulation is severed in a limb, the response to touch and tickle are lost prior to the loss of pain sensation.
It might be tempting to speculate that areas of the skin that are the most sensitive to touch would also be the most ticklish, but this does not seem to be the case. While the palm of the hand is far more sensitive to touch, some people find that the armpit are the most ticklish. Other commonly ticklish areas include the feet, sides of the torso, neck, knee, midriff, navel, and the ribs.
Some evidence suggests that laughing associated with tickling is a nervous reaction that can be triggered; indeed, very ticklish people often start laughing before actually being tickled.
Charles Darwin theorized on the link between tickling and social relations, arguing that tickling provokes laughter through the anticipation of pleasure. If a stranger tickles a child without any preliminaries, catching the child by surprise, the likely result will be not laughter but withdrawal and displeasure. Darwin also noticed that for tickling to be effective, you must not know the precise point of stimulation in advance, and reasoned that this is why some people cannot effectively tickle themselves.
Tickling is defined by many child psychologists as an integral bonding activity between parents and children. In the parent-child concept, tickling establishes at an early age the pleasure associated with being touched by a parent with a trust-bond developed so that parents may touch a child, in an unpleasant way, should circumstances develop such as the need to treat a painful injury or prevent harm from danger. This tickling relationship continues throughout childhood and often into the early to mid teenage years.
Another tickling social relationship is that which forms between siblings of relatively the same age. Many case studies have indicated that siblings often use tickling as an alternative to outright violence when attempting to either punish or intimidate one another. The sibling tickling relationship can occasionally develop into an anti-social situation, or tickle torture, where one sibling will tickle the other, without mercy. The motivation behind tickle-torture is often to portray the sense of domination the tickler has over the victim.
As with parents and siblings, tickling serves as a bonding mechanism between friends, and is classified by psychologists as part of the fifth and highest grade of social play which involves special intimacy or “cognitive interaction”. This suggests that tickling works best when all the parties involved feel comfortable with the situation and one another. During adolescence, tickling often serves as an outlet for sexual energy between individuals. The body openings and erogenous zones are extremely ticklish; however, the tickling of these areas is generally not associated with laughter or withdrawal.
While many people assume that other people enjoy tickling, a recent survey of 84 college students indicated that only 32% of respondents enjoy being tickled, with 32% giving neutral responses and 36% stating that they do not enjoy being tickled. The study also found a very high level of embarrassment and anxiety associated with tickling. However, in the same study the authors found that the facial indicators of happiness and amusement do not correlate, with some people who indicated that they do not enjoy being tickled actually smiling more often during tickling than those who indicated that they do enjoy being tickled, which suggests that there may be other factors at play (such as embarrassment and anxiety) in the case of those who indicated a dislike for tickling than the mere physical sensation experienced.
Excessive tickling has been described as a primary sexual obsession and, under these circumstances, is sometimes considered a form of paraphilia. Tickling can also be a form of, or be mistaken for, sexual harassment.
Purpose of tickling
Some of history's greatest thinkers have pondered the mysteries of the tickle response, including Plato, Francis Bacon, Galileo and Charles Darwin. In The Assayer, Galileo philosophically examines tickling in the context of how we perceive reality:
When touched upon the soles of the feet, for example, it feels in addition to the common sensation of touch a sensation on which we have imposed a special name, "tickling." This sensation belongs to us and not to the hand... A piece of paper or a feather drawn lightly over any part of our bodies performs intrinsically the same operations of moving and touching, but by touching the eye, the nose, or the upper lip it excites in us an almost intolerable titillation, even though elsewhere it is scarcely felt. This titillation belongs entirely to us and not to the feather; if the live and sensitive body were removed it would remain no more than a mere word.
One hypothesis, as mentioned above, is that tickling serves as a pleasant bonding experience between parent and child. However, this hypothesis does not adequately explain why many children and adults find tickling to be an unpleasant experience. Another view maintained is that tickling develops as a prenatal response and that the development of sensitive areas on the fetus helps to orient the fetus into favourable positions while in the womb.
It is unknown why certain people find areas of the body to be more ticklish than others; additionally, studies have shown that there is no significant difference in ticklishness between the genders. In 1924, J.C. Gregory proposed that the most ticklish places on the body were also those areas that were the most vulnerable during hand-to-hand combat. He posited that ticklishness might confer an evolutionary advantage by enticing the individual to protect these areas. Consistent with this idea, University of Iowa psychiatrist Donald W. Black observed that most ticklish spots are found in the same places as the protective reflexes.
A third, hybrid hypothesis, has suggested that tickling encourages the development of combat skills. Most tickling is done by parents, siblings and friends and is often a type of rough-and-tumble play, during which time children often develop valuable defensive and combat moves. Although people generally make movements to get away from, and report disliking, being tickled, laughter encourages the tickler to continue. If the facial expressions induced by tickle were less pleasant the tickler would be less likely to continue, thus diminishing the frequency of these valuable combat lessons.
To understand how much of the tickle response is dependent on the interpersonal relationship of the parties involved, Christenfeld and Harris presented subjects with a "mechanical tickle machine". They found that the subjects laughed just as much when they believed they were being tickled by a machine as when they thought they were being tickled by a person. Harris goes on to suggest that the tickle response is reflex, similar to the startle reflex, that is contingent upon the element of surprise.
Knismesis may represent a vestige of the primitive grooming response, in effect; knismesis serves as a “non-self detector” and protects the subject against foreign objects. Perhaps due to the importance of knismesis in protection, this type of tickle is not dependent on the element of surprise and it is possible for one to induce self-knismesis, by light touching.
Gargalesis, on the other hand, produces an odd phenomenon: when a person touches “ticklish” parts on their own body no tickling sensation is experienced. It is thought that the tickling requires a certain amount of surprise, and because tickling oneself produces no unexpected motion on the skin, the response is not activated. A recent analysis of the “self-tickle” response has been addressed using MRI technology. Blakemore and colleagues have investigated how the brain distinguishes between sensations we create for ourselves and sensations others create for us. When the subjects used a joystick to control a "tickling robot", they could not make themselves laugh. This suggested that when a person tries to tickle himself or herself, the cerebellum sends to the somatosensory cortex precise information on the position of the tickling target and therefore what sensation to expect. Apparently an unknown cortical mechanism then decreases or inhibits the tickling sensation.
Tickling as physical abuse
Although consensual tickling can be a positive, playful experience, non-consensual tickling can be frightening and painful for the recipient. Therefore, non-consensual tickling—as with all non-consensual activities—can be categorized as a form of physical abuse, and sources indicate that tickling has been used as a form of torture. Heinz Heger, a homosexual man imprisoned in the Flossenburg concentration camp during World War II, witnessed Nazi prison guards perform tickle torture on a fellow inmate. He describes this incident in his book The Men With The Pink Triangle: "The first game that the SS sergeant and his men played was to tickle their victim with goose feathers, on the soles of his feet, between his legs, in the armpits, and on other parts of his naked body. At first the prisoner forced himself to keep silent, while his eyes twitched in fear and torment from one SS man to the other. Then he could not restrain himself and finally he broke out in a high-pitched laughter that very soon turned into a cry of pain, while the tears ran down his face, and his body twisted against his chains. After this tickling torture, they let the lad hang there for a little, while a flood of tears ran down his cheeks and he cried and sobbed uncontrollably."
An article in the British Medical Journal describes a European method of tickle torture in which a goat was compelled to lick the victim's feet after they had been dipped in salt water. Once the goat had licked the salt off, the victim's feet would be dipped in the salt water again and the process would repeat itself. In ancient Japan, authority figures could administer punishments to those convicted of crimes that were beyond the criminal code. This was called shikei, which translates as ‘private punishment.’ One such torture was kusuguri-zeme: "merciless tickling."
In his book Sibling Abuse, Vernon Wiehe published his research findings regarding 150 adults who were abused by their siblings during childhood. Several reported tickling as a type of physical abuse they experienced, and based on these reports it was revealed that abusive tickling is capable of provoking extreme physiological reactions in the victim, such as vomiting and losing consciousness.
Look up this page on
- Knismesis and gargalesis
- Tickling fetishism (Knismolagnia)
- Tickle torture
- ↑Etymology of "tickle"
- ↑Hall, G. S., and A. Allin. 1897. The psychology of tickling, laughing and the comic. The American Journal of Psychology 9:1-42.
- ↑Panksepp J, Burgdorf J (2003). "Laughing" rats and the evolutionary antecedents of human joy?. Physiol. Behav. 79 (3): 533–47.
- ↑Zotterman, Y. 1939. Touch, pain and tickling: An electrophysiological investigation on cutaneous sensory nerves. Journal of Physiology 95:1-28.
- ↑Lahuerta J, et al. (1990). Clinical and instrumental evaluation of sensory function before and after percutaneous anterolateral cordotomy at cervical level in man. Pain 42 (1): 23–30.
- ↑Nathan PW (1990). Touch and surgical division of the anterior quadrant of the spinal cord. J. Neurol. Neurosurg. Psychiatr. 53 (11): 935–9.
- ↑ 7.07.17.27.37.47.5Harris, Christine R. (1999). The mystery of ticklish laughter. American Scientist 87.
- ↑Newman B, O'Grady MA, Ryan CS, Hemmes NS (1993). Pavlovian conditioning of the tickle response of human subjects: Temporal and delay conditioning. Perceptual and Motor Skills 77 (3 Pt 1): 779–85.
- ↑Darwin, C. 1872/1965. The Expressions of the Emotions in Man and Animals. London: John Murray.
- ↑ 10.010.110.210.310.4Fagen R. The future of play theory. A multidisciplinary inquiry into the contributions of Brian Sutton-Smith. Albany NY: SUNY Press; 1995. p22-24.
- ↑ 11.011.1Michael Moran, Erotic Tickling, Greenery Press, 2003. ISBN 1-890159-46-8.
- ↑Freud S. Three contributions to the theory of sex. In: The basic writings of Freud. New York: Modern Library; 1938.
- ↑ 13.013.113.2Selden ST (2004). Tickle. J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 50 (1): 93–7.
- ↑ 14.014.1Harris C.R. and Nancy Alvarado. 2005. Facial expressions, smile types and self-reporting during humour, tickle and pain (pdf). Cognition and Emotion. 9(5),655-669.
- ↑Ellis H. Studies in the psychology of sex. Vol iii. Philadelphia: FA Davis Co.; 1926
- ↑Drake, Stillman. Discoveries and Opinions of Galileo. Doubleday & Co.. URL accessed on 2008-11-10.
- ↑Simpson JY. On the attitude of the fetus in utero. Obstetric Memoirs, vol ii. Philadelphia: Lippincott; 1855-1856.
- ↑Weinstein, S. 1968. Intensive and extensive aspects of tactile sensitivity as a function of body part, sex, and laterality. In The Skin Senses, ed. D. R. Kenshalo. Springfield, Ill.: Thomas. pp. 195-222.
- ↑Black DW (1984). Laughter. JAMA 252 (21): 2995–8.
- ↑Harris, C. R., and N. Christenfeld. In press. Can a machine tickle? Psychonomic Bulletin and Review.
- ↑Blakemore SJ, Wolpert DM, Frith CD (1998). Central cancellation of self-produced tickle sensation. Nat. Neurosci. 1 (7): 635–40.
- ↑Heger, Heinz. The Men With the Pink Triangle. Boston: Alyson Publications, 1980.
- ↑Yamey, Gavin. “Torture: European Instruments of Torture and Capital Punishment from the Middle Ages to Present.” British Medical Journal (Aug 11, 2001) v.323(7308): p. 346 <http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1120948>.]
- ↑Schreiber, Mark. The Dark Side: Infamous Japanese Crimes and Criminals. Japan: Kodansha International, 2001. Page 71
- ↑Wiehe, Vernon. Sibling Abuse: Hidden Physical, Emotional, and Sexual Trauma. New York: Lexington Books, 1990.
- Carlsson K, Petrovic P, Skare S, Petersson KM, Ingvar M (2000). Tickling expectations: neural processing in anticipation of a sensory stimulus. Journal of Cognitive Neuroscience 12 (4): 691–703.
- Fried I, Wilson CL, MacDonald KA, Behnke EJ (1998). Electric current stimulates laughter. Nature 391 (6668).
- Fry WF (1992). The physiologic effects of humor, mirth, and laughter. JAMA 267 (13): 1857–8.
Feet gif ticklish
Ivor Legoff — Is he ticklish ? - Gif
See more posts like this on Tumblr#sole#barefoot#hands#foot tickling
More you might like
Prosthesis and scarlet footwear
Slide sandals for a prosthetic musician
Amputee footballer with his coach
See this in the appShow more
Suddenly the guy loosened his grip and looked the girl in the eyes. The guy recoiled. The girl ran her hand along her reddened neck.
- The toccoa lodge
- Texas rangers subreddit
- Clay slime shop
- Rescue bots robots
- Fedora terminal command
- United flight 710
- Chinese lanterns outdoor
Thinking about it, I lock myself in a restroom stall. Already my hands are sliding along my thighs, caressing the skin, lifting up the hem. The strip of cloth between the legs is soaked through and through with lascivious juice. Lord, I'm flowing like a bitch.