Hardly a day goes by, it seems, without apocalyptic warnings that robots in the workplace will create a dystopian destiny.
The convergence of artificial intelligence (AI), robotic process automation (RPA), machine learning and cognitive platforms are at the forefront of the Fourth Industrial revolution.
While the jury is still out as to whether robots will remove or grow jobs, it is important to understand the potential impact that it will have on the shape, size and functions of organisations.
Navigating changes with the 5Cs
Whether we like it or not, intelligent automation will have a broad impact on roles and skills in banking.
Based on KPMG’s report, Rise of the Humans, the 5Cs framework aims to provide five considerations for organisations:
- Cost: Is it efficient and effective?
- Capacity: Are there sufficient resources in the right locations?
- Capability: Is the workforce skilled and agile?
- Connectivity: Are employees motivated?
- Compliance: Will the reshaping of the workforce improve compliance behaviours such as good conduct in banking?
Want to read more? Download the Learn@IBF mobile app for the full article and many other exclusive content, curated and validated by industry leaders and specialists.
Please approach the HR department of your financial institution for access to Learn@IBF.